Humboldt Football Coach Dorrington Reid Sr. Resigns

HuskerVol04

Humboldt City Schools Press Release

(August 21, 2017 Humboldt, TN) – Humboldt Junior and Senior High head football coach, Dorrington Reid Sr. has submitted his letter of resignation after serving four successful years as head coach for the Humboldt Vikings’ football team. He will remain assisting with the Vikings football program as an assistant. Coach Reid stated, “I have made the decision due to personal and family needs that need to be addressed.”  Following his resignation, Coach Joseph Shepherd will fill the interim position as head football coach for the remainder of the season.

Coach Reid has been affiliated with Humboldt City Schools for over 28 years. “Coach Reid has asked to step down from his coaching responsibilities and will continue in his other roles with Humboldt City Schools and we respect his wishes,” Principal James Walker stated.

Dr. Versie R. Hamlett appreciates Coach Reid for his coaching efforts that he has given to the students in Humboldt City School over the years. We commend him for his hard work coaching the Humboldt Vikings’ football team. 

http://www.humboldtschools.com/Default.asp?PN='News2'&SubP='DNewsStory'&gn=0&DivisionID=0&DepartmentID=0&SubDepartmentID=0&NewsID=94802&ShowNav=&StoryGroup=Current

8 minutes ago, HuskerVol04 said:

Humboldt City Schools Press Release

(August 21, 2017 Humboldt, TN) – Humboldt Junior and Senior High head football coach, Dorrington Reid Sr. has submitted his letter of resignation after serving four successful years as head coach for the Humboldt Vikings’ football team. He will remain assisting with the Vikings football program as an assistant. Coach Reid stated, “I have made the decision due to personal and family needs that need to be addressed.”  Following his resignation, Coach Joseph Shepherd will fill the interim position as head football coach for the remainder of the season.

Coach Reid has been affiliated with Humboldt City Schools for over 28 years. “Coach Reid has asked to step down from his coaching responsibilities and will continue in his other roles with Humboldt City Schools and we respect his wishes,” Principal James Walker stated.

Dr. Versie R. Hamlett appreciates Coach Reid for his coaching efforts that he has given to the students in Humboldt City School over the years. We commend him for his hard work coaching the Humboldt Vikings’ football team. 

http://www.humboldtschools.com/Default.asp?PN='News2'&SubP='DNewsStory'&gn=0&DivisionID=0&DepartmentID=0&SubDepartmentID=0&NewsID=94802&ShowNav=&StoryGroup=Current

It came quicker than I thought it would. Hopefully they will find a good coach during the off season. Coach Reid is good man but no head coach.

1 hour ago, thedawg44 said:

I think it was lack of talent more than coaching.  Good luck coach Reid from a milan fan.

no lack of talent....lack of community...parental and administrative support...I predicted this back when they stabbed a good coach and an even better man....Dan Bland..in the back and inserted Jr.into that position....jr is a good man but wasn't ready for that job....the powers that be that made that decision should resign.....

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, thedawg44 said:

I think it was lack of talent more than coaching.  Good luck coach Reid from a milan fan.

No Humboldt has enough talent year in and out to compete in 1A on a regular basic. Talk to anybody out of Humboldt and they will tell you the same thing. Plenty of posters on Coacht have said and know this as well. Simply Reid was not ready for High School Coaching job.

2 hours ago, cofo said:

no lack of talent....lack of community...parental and administrative support...I predicted this back when they stabbed a good coach and an even better man....Dan Bland..in the back and inserted Jr.into that position....jr is a good man but wasn't ready for that job....the powers that be that made that decision should resign.....

You are right on target!