Waverly vs Fairview

rednecktiger31

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Get November out of your head!!! One week at a time. Waverly has a lot to work on as far as the defense side of ball. We can and will score no doubt about it. Try to stop the run and you will get burnt deep. We have got to play better on defense that's all I can say. I am picking the tigers to pull this out at least 14 tho. Just hope for a good clean and injury free game. 

^^^^^**TRUTH.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/4/2017 at 5:32 PM, Lacesout said:

Huntingdon did a great job of controlling th clock!  Waverly is going to score but th defense is going to have to make some stops or Fairview will do th same thing!  

Hard for me to believe that Fairview is the same animal Huntingdon is. Yes they have had our number but this yr we have the fire power to hang some points. With that being said I think coach is going to make some changes in the D side of the ball. Bite the bullet and make some of the players play both sides of the ball. Me, I would have #15 And #37 playing on defense. Waverly coaches do a great job this is just my opinion.

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

Come on Swarm how do y'all look compared to last yr.?. That QB y'all had last yr looked pretty good!

The q.b. from last year was only a sophomore so he is back. We have a new transfer running back who is preseason midstate 1st team in 3A. Had he been able to play the page game I believe we would have beat 5A page. For the record Huntingdon 0-1 vs Fairview :) haha not that it is relevant. We beat them the year before they one state back when they had Showtime and primetime. 1st round. We lost two good back from last year but the new kid is good. I wasn't at the game but seeing updates. Pretty sure Fairview vs Stewart was 41-0 with 5.min left in the 1st half. Reckon the young boys got to go in with with a running clock in the second half. Should be a good game! 

28 minutes ago, Slim88 said:

The q.b. from last year was only a sophomore so he is back. We have a new transfer running back who is preseason midstate 1st team in 3A. Had he been able to play the page game I believe we would have beat 5A page. For the record Huntingdon 0-1 vs Fairview :) haha not that it is relevant. We beat them the year before they one state back when they had Showtime and primetime. 1st round. We lost two good back from last year but the new kid is good. I wasn't at the game but seeing updates. Pretty sure Fairview vs Stewart was 41-0 with 5.min left in the 1st half. Reckon the young boys got to go in with with a running clock in the second half. Should be a good game! 

Yes, should be!

12 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Come on Swarm how do y'all look compared to last yr.?. That QB y'all had last yr looked pretty good!

I'm not sure if they're as good as last year but they also might be better. I haven't seen enough to say yet. I'll say this though. Don't be surprised if you Tiger fans are scratching your heads Friday night wondering what happened. Again. 

This makes the 4th year in a row that Waverly is going to put it on us. "Their offense is too explosive" "They score at will" "They can't be stopped" etc. I'm having deja-vu here...

2 hours ago, Lacesout said:

Don't think any team on Waverly schedule can hold them to 24

We will see. Fairview 1st team defense has only.allowed 2 tds this season. 2 vs 5A page. Last 2 years yall have broke the 24pt mark against us with 25pts and 26 pts. Past 4 years we have held you to an average of 16.25 pts. But more than likely it will be a shoot out. 2 high powered offenses. The team with the best defense wins this one. 

On 9/5/2017 at 6:13 PM, Slim88 said:

Hmmm.  I was talking to pizzpatriot and he said Page had 2 TDS called back and dropped a wide open TD in the end zone.  That is a 35 point margin.  The RB must be pretty darn good lol...  Waverly always has athletes but Fairview seems to be getting more and more athletes.  Should be a fun game