Ravenwood at Page

Spotlight

Last time I checked Siegel is a 6A team. I understand through, Page and Fairview want to play good competition.

Page is not the sleepy, small country school anymore. Growth in the area is on fire and soon they will be equal in numbers with the "traditional" big WilCo schools.

Not located full-time in the midstate anymore so last night was the first time I saw the Raptors this season. Coach Daniels is going a heckuva job. Historically it's been feast or famine for Ravenwood in terms of season-by-season results, so we'll see if this team can make a deep run this year. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/9/2017 at 8:53 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Looks like big mouths are though.  If you all are so "big boy" then why beg Fairview and Page to play you?  Why didn't you all do like the other "big boys" in Williamson county and schedule other 6A teams?  I think the answer is obvious. When it comes to "big boy" football you all are the smallest boys of them all.  Keep playing those 5A and 3A teams and thumping your chest of beating them but I noticed there was much thumping after centennial. 

Wrong song ching chong. Johnny ain't no Ravenwood supporter, just a supporter of high school football. Johnny ain't even originally from this state, moved down to fire up them liquor stills. I bet chu some JD though that schedules get made by former coaches & athletic directors. Don't the Raptors have both new ones? Thinkin' the last one went to Italia or somewheres. Centennial would thump Page too. My cousin said yall need to go work on your fastness... 

10218405-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

The problem is we tried to schedule Ravenwood and was told "you all have too many athletes and we need to schedule wins" so they scheduled Page and Fairview.  That tells me they are scared of competition.

I agree with Love that Daniels is doing a good job but the jury is still out.

Page has always had a speed problem ever since Indy opened up.  Which makes me question why and what Ravenwood gets out of playing them.  

8 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

The problem is we tried to schedule Ravenwood and was told "you all have too many athletes and we need to schedule wins" so they scheduled Page and Fairview.  That tells me they are scared of competition.

I agree with Love that Daniels is doing a good job but the jury is still out.

Page has always had a speed problem ever since Indy opened up.  Which makes me question why and what Ravenwood gets out of playing them.  

Honestly just curious, what program are you with right now. I've been out of the midstate for awhile now and haven't been following TN HS FB as closely so I genuinely don't know what team tried to schedule Ravenwood. 

As for trying to schedule easy wins, the previous coach made the schedule and was the type who would have turned down offers to play good competition. Daniels soon after being hired was able to swap out Rhea Co late because the travel would have been hard but other than that is stuck with the current contracts for the next two years. When he gets the chance I'm sure he'll schedule some good teams.

15 hours ago, LoveForTheGame said:

Honestly just curious, what program are you with right now. I've been out of the midstate for awhile now and haven't been following TN HS FB as closely so I genuinely don't know what team tried to schedule Ravenwood. 

As for trying to schedule easy wins, the previous coach made the schedule and was the type who would have turned down offers to play good competition. Daniels soon after being hired was able to swap out Rhea Co late because the travel would have been hard but other than that is stuck with the current contracts for the next two years. When he gets the chance I'm sure he'll schedule some good teams.

Spring Hill and it was their AD that did the schedule. Nothing against Daniels....Don't know him.  I do know they have a couple chumps on the lower levels of their staff that are morons.  Won't mention names though.

6 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Spring Hill and it was their AD that did the schedule. Nothing against Daniels....Don't know him.  I do know they have a couple chumps on the lower levels of their staff that are morons.  Won't mention names though.

That's interesting. I would expect more from our AD. Oh well, the Raiders do have talent and Ravenwood is outperforming expectations this year. It would've been a great game between two good teams this year. 

Edited by LoveForTheGame

On 9/9/2017 at 10:31 PM, LoveForTheGame said:

Last time I checked Siegel is a 6A team. I understand through, Page and Fairview want to play good competition.

Page is not the sleepy, small country school anymore. Growth in the area is on fire and soon they will be equal in numbers with the "traditional" big WilCo schools.

Not located full-time in the midstate anymore so last night was the first time I saw the Raptors this season. Coach Daniels is going a heckuva job. Historically it's been feast or famine for Ravenwood in terms of season-by-season results, so we'll see if this team can make a deep run this year. 

The athletes that play, especially football, are still those country and farm boys. Thought the school is growing, not all of those kids are playing ball. I agree with the other speed comment but disagree that that is a detriment.

On 9/12/2017 at 1:17 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Spring hill beat Summit by 1 point. Those Raptors beat Summit easily in the jamboree. Not sure why they would run from your competition there sonny... My cousin chuckled at the cump comment. Wish we knew who yall boys were talkin' about. 

10212134-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

2 hours ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

Spring hill beat Summit by 1 point. Those Raptors beat Summit easily in the jamboree. Not sure why they would run from your competition there sonny... My cousin chuckled at the cump comment. Wish we knew who yall boys were talkin' about. 

10212134-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

That's funny!!  I believe the Jamboree score was 7-3 Summit 1 versus 1's.  we will see how good the Big Boy Raptors are this week.  We would whip you all up and down the field because we have the speed to match up with that weak jet sweep and screen game you all run.