GCA (Knoxville) at Webb

Spartan4Life

8 hours ago, RamTough41 said:

I didn't want to have too much information floating around (previous posts), but since its on here now, this is the big boost to team eluded to earlier in this thread. Big time player back in the line-up. This will help the Rams immensely on both sides of the ball.

Some folks are just really happy to see him back out there. I would be too, if I were him. It's no secret to anyone, and Webb's staff is way too good to not have anticipated it AND game planned around what they saw season to date.

It'll be ok Bobby..... I'll say it again, as I did in a "previous post"....."hopefully" we'll be full strength on Friday.

Edited by RaiseEmRightnPray

1 hour ago, Spartan4Life said:

My biggest question for Grace is do they have what it takes on defense to slow down Howard and Jefferson. If they can slow or stop them Grace fans have to like their chances. Sounds like 66 may be a big part in that. 

As you already know the answer, but the way to slow Elijah and Jahlil is to play tight coverage when they go wide, not allowing play in space in defensive backfield and in the Wing T to set the edge on run plays (jet sweeps and rockets)  and keep containment by good DE play and force them to run between the tackles. IF that is accomplished, then that should slow the speedsters a little. I really feel this will be a close game.

1 hour ago, RamTough41 said:

As you already know the answer, but the way to slow Elijah and Jahlil is to play tight coverage when they go wide, not allowing play in space in defensive backfield and in the Wing T to set the edge on run plays (jet sweeps and rockets)  and keep containment by good DE play and force them to run between the tackles. IF that is accomplished, then that should slow the speedsters a little. I really feel this will be a close game.

Score prediction? 

11 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Score prediction? 

Too many variables. I wont predict a specific score. I will say I feel it will be much closer than some people might expect. Webb is super talented, very quick with great players and are a proven perennial powerhouse. With that being said, GCA has the potential to play to that level. They have been conditioned and coached since Spring, by what I think is the best coaching staff in Tennessee. It's up to the guys strapping it on Friday to determine which team will be victorious. It all comes down to the old cliché of which team is the hungriest and wants the district win the most. Looks like good weather and hopefully pray for NO injuries this game for both teams.

Good luck to the Spartans. GO RAMS

2 hours ago, Booger said:

he better b for out there havocin...he done called out the Haslam Pilot School of Knoxville on that socializin media Tweeter

Booger just sayin uptweetybirdsmall1dp.gif

Surely he is not one of those!TEAM ball beats ME ball hands down!Them Webb kids read that mess and they may put a whuppin on the Knoxville Christians!

12 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Surely he is not one of those!TEAM ball beats ME ball hands down!Them Webb kids read that mess and they may put a whuppin on the Knoxville Christians!

Am I missing something? Was there some trash talked on twitter by one of the Grace kids? 

Edited by Spartan4Life

17 minutes ago, RamTough41 said:

Too many variables. I wont predict a specific score. I will say I feel it will be much closer than some people might expect. Webb is super talented, very quick with great players and are a proven perennial powerhouse. With that being said, GCA has the potential to play to that level. They have been conditioned and coached since Spring, by what I think is the best coaching staff in Tennessee. It's up to the guys strapping it on Friday to determine which team will be victorious. It all comes down to the old cliché of which team is the hungriest and wants the district win the most. Looks like good weather and hopefully pray for NO injuries this game for both teams.

Good luck to the Spartans. GO RAMS

I gotcha. Although I think Bradley is a very good  Coach I still would give Webb's staff the nod. Obviously I'm bias. But Bradley has only best Meske once in their head to head matchups. 

I also would put some of the privates in D2AAA ahead of both staffs. There is some top notch coaching in that league.