Lewis vs Forest

ddaddy

51 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

LC was a decent team with a great player- Webb. Without him I wonder what their results would be. 

It's the same with a lot of schools at this level. One great kid can come close to producing an undefeated season. I think Columbia Academy is a better team overall, but Webb will be the best player on the field on that game too. 

Strong possibility that Brown will see his first action of the year in the CA game in two weeks.  He carried for 851 yards as a Junior, averaged over 10 per carry. Prior to the injury during a preseason jamboree, he was an explosive runner. He could really add another dimension to the offense. 

On 10/5/2017 at 5:19 PM, ddaddy said:

I am sorry that pizzaboy is offended by LC success. It is my wish that your team can also achieve success that last through the decades. I hope that your feelings of spite and bitterness is not influenced by your  team being regularly feeling defeat at the hands of the Panthers. I am also very sorry for the 27 playoff victories that LC has had. I implore you pizzaboy to rid yourself of this hatred and jealousy of a quality program and who knows maybe karma will then be on your side and your team can also become winner.

:):):) Have a nice day!!

I'm not offended. It is what it is. Every dog has his day. There are such things as paper champions. 

Everyone knows Lewis County doesn't play anyone. When they do they get beat hence the 1st round playoff losses with 9-1 and 8-2 records. Come on guys, it doesn't take much to figure that out.

19 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

I'm not offended. It is what it is. Every dog has his day. There are such things as paper champions. 

Everyone knows Lewis County doesn't play anyone. When they do they get beat hence the 1st round playoff losses with 9-1 and 8-2 records. Come on guys, it doesn't take much to figure that out.

They play the district/region schedule they are required to play. I am not sure how much more clear cut that is. You don't get to the playoffs 30 straight years if you can't take care of business in your district/region first. Pretty sure no school has enough influence with T$$AA to hand pick their district/region opponents. 

14 hours ago, TheStuff said:

They play the district/region schedule they are required to play. I am not sure how much more clear cut that is. You don't get to the playoffs 30 straight years if you can't take care of business in your district/region first. Pretty sure no school has enough influence with T$$AA to hand pick their district/region opponents. 

It's quite simple actually. Look at the teams in LC's districts/regions over the decades. 

Provide an explanation why there have been so many first or second round playoff exits with all those "quality" records?

You really are not making any type of argument. The teams that LC plays and has played in district/region play they have no control over. If you are saying they sweep the district/region or finish in the top of the district/region because their district/region teams are not "quality" opponents, then you have no argument. They have no choice in those opponents and the route they have in getting to the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

It's quite simple actually. Look at the teams in LC's districts/regions over the decades. 

Provide an explanation why there have been so many first or second round playoff exits with all those "quality" records?

LC had been in the district/region with; Marshall Co, Giles, Page, Hickman (before the split), Camden, Riverside, Waverly, Adamsville, Fairview and Spring Hill. To name a few. Have beaten Milan, Huntington, Waverly, Trenton, Camden, McKenzie, Parsons, TCA, DCA, Ezell, Fairview to name a few. 

On 10/8/2017 at 7:09 PM, TheStuff said:

You really are not making any type of argument. The teams that LC plays and has played in district/region play they have no control over. If you are saying they sweep the district/region or finish in the top of the district/region because their district/region teams are not "quality" opponents, then you have no argument. They have no choice in those opponents and the route they have in getting to the playoffs. 

They actually do, or rather the coach does. He's got some close friends that make up the teams in the districting.

On 10/8/2017 at 7:54 PM, ddaddy said:

LC had been in the district/region with; Marshall Co, Giles, Page, Hickman (before the split), Camden, Riverside, Waverly, Adamsville, Fairview and Spring Hill. To name a few. Have beaten Milan, Huntington, Waverly, Trenton, Camden, McKenzie, Parsons, TCA, DCA, Ezell, Fairview to name a few. 

And, look at the records against those teams before the split. Actually, look at the losses to the teams after the split.

You forgot to add in lowly Richland and Collinwood and others in there. The last good run LC had in the playoffs was, what, four years ago when they beat an over achieving Westview team? Other than that it's been early round exits in the playoffs. If I am wrong, how do you explain first round losses to an opposing regions worst team?

LC=over rated every year.

9 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

And, look at the records against those teams before the split. Actually, look at the losses to the teams after the split.

You forgot to add in lowly Richland and Collinwood and others in there. The last good run LC had in the playoffs was, what, four years ago when they beat an over achieving Westview team? Other than that it's been early round exits in the playoffs. If I am wrong, how do you explain first round losses to an opposing regions worst team?

LC=over rated every year.

Just curious who is your team Pizzaboy? Do you have one or have you abandoned some perennial losing team for you quest to bash the legacy of a successful program.?