Sequatchie at Grundy

Indian

Sequatchie played a good efficient game, important with so much at stake vs Upperman next week. Grundy came out determined and returned the kickoff over the 50, but SC returned an interception for a TD. A long punt returned led to another TD, and SC drove the field to lead 21-0 after first quarter.

Sequatchie scored again early in second, blocked a punt to set up another score, then drove 80 yards after intercepting a pass in the EZ after Grundy had moved to the SC 40 or so. 42-0 half.

JV turned the ball over twice in second half but didn't do too badly on defense. 42-7 F.

Good clean game, very few penalties, no issues at all. Grundy's quarterback can throw the ball and extend plays scrambling but there was a good amount of rush on him.

As I understand Sequatchie will be either 2nd or 4th going into the playoffs. I guess technically three teams could tie for the region championship but the big thing is the seeding.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:22 PM, BamaRules said:

Coach Caine and Sequatchie Co. players and fans proved again what a class act program they have in Dunlap. I would hope if the rolls were reversed that we would have acted the same way.  

Yes sir I agree. Class act from the coaches and players like they are every year. Even if we hadn't lost 6 starters the score wouldn't have changed. It means a lot to me as a father who knew his son was about to take a beating like the two previous years. Those 17 or 18 players knew it was coming but still wanted to take the field and compete. I'm proud of the kids for playing when everything normal in their lives are upside down at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1