Ravenwood at Fairview

Swarm

Fairview welcomes the state ranked 6a Ravenwood Raptors to the nest Friday night. 

Happy to see Fairview scheduling our Wilco neighbors Page and Ravenwood. We're the little guy of the county but I hope you'll see we're pretty scrappy and are good hosts. Have a safe trip over Raptor fans. You won't have far to drive!

This game is a tremendous measuring stick and opportunity for Fairview. Straight up trap game for Ravenwood. 

Edited by Swarm

13 hours ago, Swarm said:

Fairview welcomes the state ranked 6a Ravenwood Raptors to the nest Friday night. 

Happy to see Fairview scheduling our Wilco neighbors Page and Ravenwood. We're the little guy of the county but I hope you'll see we're pretty scrappy and are good hosts. Have a safe trip over Raptor fans. You won't have far to drive!

This game is a tremendous measuring stick and opportunity for Fairview. Straight up trap game for Ravenwood. 

Johnny has caught alot of Wilco & RCo games this season, but aint seen Fairview yet. This one could be an exciting game since Ravenwood could be looking ahead to the Region Title game with Indy next week. How's Fairview looking this year? Johnny saw in that Kreager mans paper that they got a stud RB. How can they hold up to the Raptor Fast flyin offense? Those boys ran off 90+ snaps on 5A page earlier in the year Johnny heard. 

10212530-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

I don't know how they'll hold up Johnny. Hopefully they'll try to keep that high flyin offense on the sidelines as much as they can. 

Fairview is looking pretty good this year. I just don't see how they can keep up for 4 quarters playing both sides of the ball. Hopefully the Raptors will let them catch their breath occasionally.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

Father Ryan upset the Raptors by playin ball control and keepin that offense off the field. That would be a good plan for them Swarm. How many fellers do the jackets have playing both ways? All 22?

10079856-342415498_1-s1-v1.png?transparent=1&palette=1

I'm not exactly sure Johnny but I know at least 5 or 6 play about every snap against stellar competition. 

21 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Can't imagine Fairview beating ravenwood and losing to a 2a team.

I get what you're saying but that 2a team ain't no joke. We had our opportunities to win that game but didn't get it done. Waverly deserves the credit for winning. They'd be a top 5 3a team if they had 5 more students IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swarm said:

I get what you're saying but that 2a team ain't no joke. We had our opportunities to win that game but didn't get it done. Waverly deserves the credit for winning. They'd be a top 5 3a team if they had 5 more students IMO.

No doubt.  Waverly is my pick to win a state title in 2A this year.  You cannot judge them by their enrollment figure.  Trezevant was 2A the last two years and would have beaten a lot of upper class teams based in talent alone.  Waverly has a few difference makers who are special.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

No doubt.  Waverly is my pick to win a state title in 2A this year.  You cannot judge them by their enrollment figure.  Trezevant was 2A the last two years and would have beaten a lot of upper class teams based in talent alone.  Waverly has a few difference makers who are special.  

Yea i forgot about Trezevant and thats rare but I can see it. I guess i understand. 

13 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Can't imagine Fairview beating ravenwood and losing to a 2a team.

A 2A team that has a loss to a 1A team right? I would put money down saying Ravenwood wouldn't beat both Huntingdon and Waverly...if either. Lower division teams that are state champ projects and could be top 5 3a teams this year. Jackets by 10

One thing for sure. If Fairview is going to compete for the 3a state title, they better be able to compete with Ravenwood. Alcoa would. Pearl Cohn would, etc.

Not proclaiming that they will but this a great opportunity for Fairview to grow up and raise their game to the next level. We'll see if they can tomorrow night. 

• Upvote 1