Cannon co

Gridiron89

watched over the years cannon have some up swings and be competitive. Over the past 5-6 seasons they seem to be,  one of the most unsuccessful teams in the state.  How long can that be allowed to continue without some type of coaching change. In a small town full of "good ole boy" deals. Who is there left to put pressure on to force a change? For the sake of the young men who still suit up and play, they deserve much better. 

Make this post before another game gets  played as if to not sound like one is a daddy who did not get his way. 

Daddy (School Board Chairman) will not be able to hide nor protect this team from yet another poor season and a Coach who belittles his players through horrible language and an inept ability to coach via knowledge of the game, character building, or motivating his players to see the team aspect of the game. 

Change only happens when the Good Ole System in Cannon County gets change as well....sad for all involved.

3 hours ago, Indian said:

Are there enough voting to make a difference in school board elections?

Good question, but in this case it doesn't matter.  Politics has allowed a pastie Principal to be put in place.  Therefore, even if school board member seats change it's a moot point, policy states the Principal hires and fires coaches. 

Basketball season coming up doesn't help this situation imo....end of the day the problem and the Principal still exist   

CC just finished again 0-10 btw

Well lets take a look at everything.

2017 then went 0-10

2016 they went 2-8

2015 they went 0-10

2014 they went 1-9

2013 they went 1-9

2012 they went 0-10

2011 they went 0-10

2010 they went 1-9

So yeah in the last 8 years they have gone 5-75. That is pretty terrible. But perhaps what is worse is that they haven't just lost 75 games. They haven't been close. A total of 5 of those losses have been by 14 or fewer points. So 70 of those losses have been by +14 points.

Something that stood out to me looking back over the seasons is the non-region scheduling. Lets just take this season as an example. They play Red Boiling Springs, Jackson County, Moore County, Dekalb County and Whitwell. Red Boiling Springs is a good team for them to schedule about on their level. But those other 4 teams are programs that over the last 4-5 years have consistently been .500 or better unlike Cannon County. And you can go back and see that pretty much every year. Playing teams like Watertown, Westmoreland, Middle Tennessee Christian and DCA etc.

You look around and there are teams that somebody like Cannon County needs to be trying to schedule and I have a hard time believing couldn't schedule. 

1A Republic - They went 0-9 this year (couldn't find a 10th game) and had to schedule anybody to fill out their schedule. They had to play teams like Oakland and Pearl Cohn to fill out their schedule.

4A Cumberland County - In the last 7 years they have only won 8 games and 5 of those came in a single season. So 3 wins in the other 6 seasons.

5A Glencliff - For as far back as I looked they struggled about like Cannon County. I know this year there only win was over 1A Republic by 2 points. So even though they are a bigger school they aren't that good.

There are some better matchups out there for a struggling program. I know Republic and Glencliff both have problems scheduling teams and are about an hour drive from Cannon County. Whites Creek is another school that struggles at football within in that distance. They have region games that are further away than that distance.

5 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Well lets take a look at everything.

2017 then went 0-10

2016 they went 2-8

2015 they went 0-10

2014 they went 1-9

2013 they went 1-9

2012 they went 0-10

2011 they went 0-10

2010 they went 1-9

So yeah in the last 8 years they have gone 5-75. That is pretty terrible. But perhaps what is worse is that they haven't just lost 75 games. They haven't been close. A total of 5 of those losses have been by 14 or fewer points. So 70 of those losses have been by +14 points.

Something that stood out to me looking back over the seasons is the non-region scheduling. Lets just take this season as an example. They play Red Boiling Springs, Jackson County, Moore County, Dekalb County and Whitwell. Red Boiling Springs is a good team for them to schedule about on their level. But those other 4 teams are programs that over the last 4-5 years have consistently been .500 or better unlike Cannon County. And you can go back and see that pretty much every year. Playing teams like Watertown, Westmoreland, Middle Tennessee Christian and DCA etc.

You look around and there are teams that somebody like Cannon County needs to be trying to schedule and I have a hard time believing couldn't schedule. 

1A Republic - They went 0-9 this year (couldn't find a 10th game) and had to schedule anybody to fill out their schedule. They had to play teams like Oakland and Pearl Cohn to fill out their schedule.

4A Cumberland County - In the last 7 years they have only won 8 games and 5 of those came in a single season. So 3 wins in the other 6 seasons.

5A Glencliff - For as far back as I looked they struggled about like Cannon County. I know this year there only win was over 1A Republic by 2 points. So even though they are a bigger school they aren't that good.

There are some better matchups out there for a struggling program. I know Republic and Glencliff both have problems scheduling teams and are about an hour drive from Cannon County. Whites Creek is another school that struggles at football within in that distance. They have region games that are further away than that distance.

Cannon should be able to fill up 8 or 10 ,schedules every two years heard once that teams were calling to see if they could play their Homecoming  games in Woodbury.