Cheatham County at Fairview 6-3a championship

Swarm

Congratulations to the Fairview Yellow Jackets in winning another Region Championship.  This football program is quietly among the better ones in 3A football annually.  I think they have a realistic chance of making a strong run in the playoffs.

Congratulations to the Cheatham County Cubs on an outstanding season that will be rewarded with a home playoff game this week to open the playoffs.  

I believe that both teams will represent Region 6-3A very well in the postseason (along with Sycamore and Camden).  The 2017 season seemed to fly by and now it's playoff time.  

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Congratulations to the Fairview Yellow Jackets in winning another Region Championship.  This football program is quietly among the better ones in 3A football annually.  I think they have a realistic chance of making a strong run in the playoffs.

Thanks for the props Howdy. Fairview is going to be a tough out for whoever they face. They're very solid from top to bottom and have improved each week. Not going to make bold predictions about who they can beat and who they can't. As of Saturday morning, everyone is undefeated and laying it all on the line.  It's win or go home! What I like the most about this year's team is their resolve. They rebound quickly from mistakes and make adjustments during the game better than any Jacket team I've seen in recent memory. Also excited about the youth (several freshmen) on this team starting to step up and contribute. 

One week and one opponent at a time. This week it's Stratford that we have a score to settle with. Looking forward to playoff football!