Lebanon at Rossview

steelcityroller

The last game of the year between two 5-4 teams with playoff seeding implications.

For Lebanon a win gives them the 2nd seed and a home playoff game. It would also give them a 6-4 record which would be their best season since 2006. A loss would have them going to Oakland as the 4 seed. Which isn't the way you want to end what has been an otherwise good building year.

For Rossview its either a 3 or 4 seed depending on this game. So for them the motivation is not having to play Oakland in the 1st round as well.

I have felt like this is a good matchup for Lebanon. They are strong against the run and have been burnt in the passing game. Rossview is almost entirely a running team and has really struggled in the passing game with 1 touchdown and 8 interceptions.

A big factor in this game is injuries for Rossview. They had a handful out or get injured against Hendersonville including their best player at RB and starting QB. If they are unable to play that is significant for Rossview.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

The last game of the year between two 5-4 teams with playoff seeding implications.

For Lebanon a win gives them the 2nd seed and a home playoff game. It would also give them a 6-4 record which would be their best season since 2006. A loss would have them going to Oakland as the 4 seed. Which isn't the way you want to end what has been an otherwise good building year.

For Rossview its either a 3 or 4 seed depending on this game. So for them the motivation is not having to play Oakland in the 1st round as well.

I have felt like this is a good matchup for Lebanon. They are strong against the run and have been burnt in the passing game. Rossview is almost entirely a running team and has really struggled in the passing game with 1 touchdown and 8 interceptions.

A big factor in this game is injuries for Rossview. They had a handful out or get injured against Hendersonville including their best player at RB and starting QB. If they are unable to play that is significant for Rossview.

Excellent synopsis. We’ll see how the week goes for Rossview  in terms of recovery. I am as concerned about the injuries on defense as offense.  That will determine if they win or lose. 

Edited by poppop

1 hour ago, Budman said:

You haven't seen this Rossview team play....Several injured players.

Really?! They were rolling when we played them earlier in the year, but I knew something may be up when I saw the Hendersonville score.We got the injury bug as well. Who is out for y'all?

Edited by WCndaHouse

10 hours ago, WCndaHouse said:

Really?! They were rolling when we played them earlier in the year, but I knew something may be up when I saw the Hendersonville score.We got the injury bug as well. Who is out for y'all?

I thought somebody said in the previous game thread that both the QB and RB were out and several other starters as well.

For me it all depends on the injury situation for Rossview. Anybody know anything on that front? If that RB and QB don't play that changes everything in my opinion.

I think these teams matchup well and with the weather tonight this is gonna be an ugly game.

But I think Lebanon has more to play for with a win getting them a home playoff game for the first time in forever.

Lebanon 20

Rossview 14