District 13 AA vs District 14 AA (Region 7 Outlook)

OldSportsGuy

3 hours ago, OldSportsGuy said:

Results from last night 13 AA vs 14 AA

South Gibson smashed Adamsville 75-48

McNairy Smashed Milan 71-45

Crockett County over Lexington 47-42

13 AA is 6-2 vs 14 AA

There are There are 3 more games this week between them Crockett at Chester, Obion at Lexington, and Dyersburg at Lexington

Yes but no one is playing SS. They are getting beat by Region 8 teams by only a few points. I still think the road to regional championship goes through SS.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In District 13, since Dyersburg has the best overall player in the district (Kevin Spencer in my opinion), they have as good a chance as anyone to win the district. That kid can play some ball, and knows the game too. Dyersburg always loves to play defense, which keeps them in any game. If Obion buys in on the defensive end of the floor they can be right there too. I think it's easy to see the top 4 teams,  but don't know how they will wind up. Right now I'd say Dyersburg Obion are 1a and 1b early in the season!

3 hours ago, HoopsTN1 said:

In District 13, since Dyersburg has the best overall player in the district (Kevin Spencer in my opinion), they have as good a chance as anyone to win the district. That kid can play some ball, and knows the game too. Dyersburg always loves to play defense, which keeps them in any game. If Obion buys in on the defensive end of the floor they can be right there too. I think it's easy to see the top 4 teams,  but don't know how they will wind up. Right now I'd say Dyersburg Obion are 1a and 1b early in the season!

I am not overlooking either Dyersburg or Crockett because Crockett is going to get better and better as their football kids get in hoops shape but I think Obion is the clear pick to win that District and if Southside and Northside are not anybody than the rest of 14 AA then 13AA will send 2 teams to sub state this year.

4 hours ago, HoopsTN1 said:

I think Hoops has a point. But as we all know 1 player in High School is not enough unless he is 6'6 -6'10 and is the #1 player in the Nation. Kevin is the best over all player in 13 AA but he alone cant win a game vs a solid team that plays together.  He will have to have some help. I like the top 4 teams in 13AA to really compete vs the top 4 teams in 14AA this year. Once again advantage Obion in tourney because of home court. As usual who ever win tourney will probably stay away from Southside till championship.

I just don't know how anyone can pick a team that doesn't buy in on defense (Obion). Yes, they can score, but are they willing to man up and get key stops down stretches of tight games? I think Dyersburg and Crockett have the kids that will take it personally that their man won't score when games get tight. I havent seen it from a Kail coached OC team in my memory. That's why I think they always struggle in region play.

I gave Obion a slight edge for the Tournament only...  And that's because of the home court, which we all know in High School means a lot. I think any of the top 4 could win the regular season. I think that height will cause Obion trouble. But I also believe 5 guards on the court can cause other teams problems as well. It will be very interesting to see who can impose their will on the other one in these district games. Long season ahead just gonna be a fun time to watch. But if we knew exactly how this will turn out we would not be on here we would be in Vegas making millions...:D:D

44 minutes ago, Tnrazrbac10 said:

I gave Obion a slight edge for the Tournament only...  And that's because of the home court, which we all know in High School means a lot. I think any of the top 4 could win the regular season. I think that height will cause Obion trouble. But I also believe 5 guards on the court can cause other teams problems as well. It will be very interesting to see who can impose their will on the other one in these district games. Long season ahead just gonna be a fun time to watch. But if we knew exactly how this will turn out we would not be on here we would be in Vegas making millions...:D:D

So very true!!! Can't wait for January!

On 12/5/2017 at 6:19 AM, HoopsTN1 said:

Dyersburg Spencer is best player in that district. He is the most experienced for sure. Obion has a ton of kids that can play. Crockett also has some kids. At the end of the day I still think it is Obion.

22 hours ago, HoopsTN1 said:

I just don't know how anyone can pick a team that doesn't buy in on defense (Obion). Yes, they can score, but are they willing to man up and get key stops down stretches of tight games? I think Dyersburg and Crockett have the kids that will take it personally that their man won't score when games get tight. I havent seen it from a Kail coached OC team in my memory. That's why I think they always struggle in region play.

HoopsTN1 I haven't seen Obion play but one time and they really played hard on both ends. Of course they may not buy in on the defensive end over the course of the season. You are right. Gotta have stops in critical moments. But they score so many points. they dropped 105 last night and.... got beat. LOL gave up 109 to Peabody.

Looks like South Gibson Handled Chester Co last night.

Lexington Beat Crockett

Anyone go to the SS vs Liberty game? SS gave Liberty their 1st loss.

OC grinded one out vs a athletic Hayti Team. OC was without 2 key players. Sophmore Reed Logan scored 37. Think that makes the 3rd Different Rebel to top the 30 point mark this season.