JAMBO AT M'WOOD

otis

Even though it was only 8 minutes, Maplewood looked awesome. Against a tough East Lit team that will win many games this season, Maplewood looked incredible. 34 - 11 after one quarter, then both coaches subbed to let all their players get some game experience. Maplewood is big, talented, has excellent shooters, and (as always under Coach Gamble) they play defense like crazy. I thought Bubba Taylor was supposed to be hurt. He looked better than ever!Maplewood historically starts slow and finishes fast. If they get any better than they look now, it may be time to make room for the big gold ball on the trophy shelf at Maplewood.

In the first boys match-up, Stratford surprisingly whipped Spring Hill as Henry Harris lead his teammates of new faces and no experience to the win. Stratford is so young, Coach Winrow may need to keep diapers on the sideline. They started 3 sophomores and played 6 others.

Nashville should appreciate the next two basketball seasons. We have the opportunity to watch Bubba Taylor and Henry Harris battle each other and dominate the rest for the next two years, before we watch them play on TV for major colleges. Both are truly gifted, talented, hard-nosed, and leaders.

i agree otis, harris and bubba are special.

what i saw.

stratford, young but i was amazed at henry harris' patience to get his teammates involved. he picked his spots carefully. it was obvious he could get to the basket whenever he chose too. Eric Orr has MAD potential he will be pretty good. Riley has quit the team(hair too long) Bender might not be on the team either for the same reason. This team is young. No height(besides orr, unless bender plays). Everything rides on Harris. This team can only go as far as he takes them.

Maplewood,

Their starting 5 is unreal. Bunton has improved a great deal. He was aggressive and looked to score. Richardson is playing like a senior(he is only a soph). Bubba and Ricardo were hitting 3's like layups. If they hit 3's like they did last nite it opens up the middle for bunton and barry. bubba had at least 5 steals in 1 qtr.

east, has some talent but they have some chemistry issues. they were arguing with each other on the court. Maplewood looked good barry swatting shots, bubba making steals, ricardo hitting 3's. they were clicking on all cylinders. maplewood's bench is questionable if there was a weakness.

yes bubba is still hurt but the rehab is coming well, he is still about 5 to 7 pounds heavy but coach gamble's work out program get's you in shape also the team looked great with my other son getting some time and making a contribution was great for me and my daughter starting and doing well as a freshman on the girls team. you know as a sports person i can only say Jesus is lord and its wonderful to experience him in all things even in sports, thank you lord because if not for him this would not be happening i had nothing to do with it well maybe only a little. Ps, henry harris was great.

Maplewood and Stratford have been two of the best teams in the state for the past couple years. I thought Stratford would really fall off this year, and Maplewood lost many key players as well.

Wasn't there but it sounds as if Maplewood may be strong yet again, and Stratford may do better than expected.

What do others think?

Guest thebest

I watched M-Wood do their thing against a sub par East team last night and was not impressed at all. As far as this rivalry between Bubba and Henry goes. If you think Ronald Taylor is as good or better than Henry then I am sure you have a crack addiction. Their is no way that sawed off guy is better the HH

IT has took me some time to find a way to respond to your attack on my son but this is a open opponion so to each is own but let me tell you something i wish i could see you in person so i could tell you some things but i will do it now, there is no battle between henry and bubba. HH is a great player and so is bubba and they complement each other very well. It should be a pleasure that you have 2 great players in metro like mario and demarco was that you can have the pleasure of seeing play. Bubba and Henry play on the same aau team so the remarks of on crack and sawd off are not even nedded but you must be a teenager because if you were and adult, in person i would be glad to tell you some facts that you might not want to relieze but its only the truth. And are you kidding about big time bball. Bubba had that going for him last year and even after his freshman year when he was all region, all state,tied a state tourny record and helped his team to the state tourney as a freshman while sending stradford home in the region against jcurry and demarco not henry he was on the bench and when he did get in he was not a factor so dont try to compare bubba and henry because there is no need they are 2 stars only going up and its all gods will. And to note if you forgot 26pts 8assist 4steals three rebounds in the region against stradford to send them home and was only a freshman. Please do not try to compare them again you will be wasting your time. You seem to be kind of scared because you already are trying to make excuses for henry as far as double teaming but dont he will do fine because he has as excelent young team and they will be better than anyone thinks.

to add to you a weak east lit team you have got to be kidding the spring hill team was the weakest team in all of the jamborees, they had no guards and only one post presence and he was young and their best player done his thing so weak team maybe you were at another game because east lit has a very good team they just ran into a team that was truly on. You will not see another team shoot 85% from three and shoot 78 percent for the game with a defense that causes that many turnovers in one quarter and shoot that well.

Maplewood looked like the number 1 team in the city on Thursday. Bubba and Ricardo was having a field day. Brandon Bunton and Barry was a monster on the boards. Richardson kept everything into order with his guard play. They look like they are going back to the state. As for Bubba and HH, I would have to give the edge to Bubba all because of his outstanding play in the state tourney as a freshman. Last year, he played very well. Don't get me wrong, HH has turned into a dominant player and I wouldn't mind having either one on my team. HH has turned into a leader and should have a great season this year. Him and Bubba are truly D-1 material.