South Team - Best of the Best Duals, 4/28/18

ALL CALL!!! Any wrestler interested in competing at the Best of the Best Duals for the South Team, please contact Coach Torres (Baylor - JTorres@baylorschool.org), Coach Anglin (Bradley - justinanglin74@gmail.com), and/or myself ASAP. Weights are as follows: 

77, 84, 88, 91, 94, 98, 100, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285

Schoolboy, Cadet, and Juniors are all eligible for this event

Areas comprising the "South" region: Chattanooga, Cleveland, Athens, and surrounding areas. I spoke w/ Ben Bowers Friday and he said that north of Hamilton County up to Tullahoma would be included w/in our area. 

If wrestle-offs are needed, we will do our best to facilitate a time and place for that. 

Thank you, 

Ben Smith, Bradley Central

bmsmith@bradleyschools.org

• 2 weeks later...

Coach,  glad to see you reaching out.  What are the other Regions doing with their teams?  Are they picking them on their own or is there wrestle-off's?  I don't know.  Just asking how all of the Regions are completing their teams for this event.

Could somebody please advise how they are filling their teams.

Thanks.

Facenthecrowd, 

The Bradley philosophy is to paddle our own canoe, so as far as other areas are concerned, I have no idea. Coach Anglin, Coach Torres, and now, myself have just been focusing on our area and filling our team. To my knowledge, TNUSAW has not set out any guidelines on how we should fill our area teams. Most of the coaches who volunteer to head these type of teams up, I would imagine, would handle it in the most fair way possible. For example, last year when Coach Bosken and I handled our area, we opened the team up for names to be submitted to us as well as filling holes w/ our own clubs wrestlers to fill the lineup. Then, if wrestle-off's were needed, we held them at either BC or Cleveland during one of our community practices. Due to lack of participation and/or interest this year w/in our area, wrestle-off's were not need as of yet. We have a few holes remaining, so hopefully we'll get them filled before the deadline tomorrow evening. And, again, if wrestle-off's are needed, we'll provide them. Hope this helps and see y'all Saturday in Franklin. 

Ben Smith, Bradley Wrestling

bmsmith@bradleyschools.org