Lebanon Blue Devils 2018 Football

Chuck Gentry done a great job in 2017. He took over a Lebanon program that had only won 9 games in the previous 7 seasons and went 5-5 during the season ending with a 1st round loss in the playoffs to Oakland.

But this season will be more telling about the direction of this program.

I say that because Lebanon played in a bunch of close games with an average schedule in 2017.

They finished 5-5 but with some close wins that could have gone either way and some close losses that could have gone either way. They could have finished 8-2 if everything fell their way. They could have also finished 2-8 if the bounces didn't go their way.

But they finished at 5-5 and just by this team being able to close out games and find ways to win showed a step in the right direction.

So they come into 2018 and have what should be an improved team from a talent standpoint. They return 13 starters including several kids already getting looks from colleges. They got a big DLineman that is a Georgia commit. From what I've heard they are bigger and stronger upfront.

The good news for Lebanon is that the schedule seems favorable.

They start off with 2A Trousdale County who beat them in a close 10-6 game last year. They are wanting to avenge that loss. Both teams should be improved so expect another tight game.

The good news is that the rest of the non-region games should all be easier than last year. McGavock returns only 6 starters and lost their best player. Lavergne returns only 9 starters and lost their star players on offense. Antioch should be about the same as last year. Coffee County doesn't have Alonte Taylor anymore.

They won't beat Mt. Juliet as they seemed pretty loaded again.

Station Camp looks to still be down.

Rossview isn't gonna be nearly as good this year. They are only returning 5 starters and lost their star player.

Wilson Central might be a little better this season. But nothing to where it shouldn't be a close game.

Hendersonville returns 14 starters but has a new coach and lost key players at RB and QB.

Looking at the schedule its hard not to expect them to win at least 5-6 games. Possibly 7 or 8 depending on other factors.

What are your thoughts?

7 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Chuck Gentry done a great job in 2017. He took over a Lebanon program that had only won 9 games in the previous 7 seasons and went 5-5 during the season ending with a 1st round loss in the playoffs to Oakland.

But this season will be more telling about the direction of this program.

I say that because Lebanon played in a bunch of close games with an average schedule in 2017.

They finished 5-5 but with some close wins that could have gone either way and some close losses that could have gone either way. They could have finished 8-2 if everything fell their way. They could have also finished 2-8 if the bounces didn't go their way.

But they finished at 5-5 and just by this team being able to close out games and find ways to win showed a step in the right direction.

So they come into 2018 and have what should be an improved team from a talent standpoint. They return 13 starters including several kids already getting looks from colleges. They got a big DLineman that is a Georgia commit. From what I've heard they are bigger and stronger upfront.

The good news for Lebanon is that the schedule seems favorable.

They start off with 2A Trousdale County who beat them in a close 10-6 game last year. They are wanting to avenge that loss. Both teams should be improved so expect another tight game.

The good news is that the rest of the non-region games should all be easier than last year. McGavock returns only 6 starters and lost their best player. Lavergne returns only 9 starters and lost their star players on offense. Antioch should be about the same as last year. Coffee County doesn't have Alonte Taylor anymore.

They won't beat Mt. Juliet as they seemed pretty loaded again.

Station Camp looks to still be down.

Rossview isn't gonna be nearly as good this year. They are only returning 5 starters and lost their star player.

Wilson Central might be a little better this season. But nothing to where it shouldn't be a close game.

Hendersonville returns 14 starters but has a new coach and lost key players at RB and QB.

Looking at the schedule its hard not to expect them to win at least 5-6 games. Possibly 7 or 8 depending on other factors.

What are your thoughts?

I concur.  I think a home playoff game for Lebanon is not only possible, but expected this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreeAgent11 said:

Hendersonville has a lot back.  How are the kids responding to the new leadership?

It has been a very smooth transition.  Beasley has been there for 14 years so they were all very familiar with him.  Not a lot has changed scheme wise but I do think the kids have a renewed energy and level of excitement under the new leadership.

56 minutes ago, CommandoPride1478 said:

Coach Henley from SC

Coach LaFleur (former HHS coach) moved back from Georgia

Coach Lake....former freshman head coach is now with Varsity

Coach Bean...young coach and former HHS player

And still have 3 coaches from previous staff

Good deal!  Hope you guys have a successful season.   I'd like to get Coach Beasley on our show at some point.