Tullahoma @ Marshall County

Lead

One of the biggest regular season wins in John Olive's 25 years at Tullahoma. There was nothing cheap or fluky about it. The Wildcats overcame two turnovers and double-digit penalties.

Wildcat junior QB Ben Fulton was our Player of the Game. He was unflappable despite a strong rush from Marshall Co. much of the night. Didn't have huge numbers, but his 55 yards rushing and no sacks was critical.

Tullahoma's defense was outstanding, especially Samari Layne and Ty Cox. Kaleb Stroop had an interception on Marshall County's final drive that sealed the win for Tullahoma. Stroop has a knack for making big plays when the 'Cats need it most.

Tullahoma will travel to Franklin County next week for another big non-region rivalry game. After that, it's Spring Hill at home. How will the Wildcats handle being favored?

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, shraider22 said:

Absolutely correct. Not a lot to celebrate on the Hill...but watching you struggle and karma bite you makes us smile just a little bit way down deep inside.

That happens sometimes when you schedule good competition. Marshall County won't be down long so enjoy it while you can.

1 hour ago, shraider22 said:

We’ve scheduled 5a and 6a teams. As for you not being down long...I’m sure not, Giles has a bumper crop of young players to chose from...

After all this time you still don't have a clue as to why Wallace came to Marshall County his freshman year. SMH.  

20 hours ago, shraider22 said:

We’ve scheduled 5a and 6a teams. As for you not being down long...I’m sure not, Giles has a bumper crop of young players to chose from...

The family didn’t want Wallace to play for the “then “ coach at Giles, since Osteen had coached Bo they wanted the best for Bryce- that was a family decision. It’s quite simple actually, his brother and old coaching staff came back to Giles so he went back. The former coach was Walt Smith, I’m sure you remember him, didn’t y’all have him awhile too? We DON’T have to go around recruiting players, actually they come to us and ask how to get to MCHS! I could name a few on your team that came back in the winter asking but I won’t do that to a kid because I’m a grown woman! But we may have had a down year to you- but we have 10 injured players and have lost 2 games by one point- you hate us cause you ain’t us! Grow up and worry about your own team and I will take care of the  Tigers! Maybe we should have taken your players that came begging to play- I’ve been around along time little boy, now go play in the street! Remember people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks! Go Tigers! I BLEED BLUE!

• Thanks 2

On 10/15/2018 at 5:14 PM, Lovemytigers3 said:

The family didn’t want Wallace to play for the “then “ coach at Giles, since Osteen had coached Bo they wanted the best for Bryce- that was a family decision. It’s quite simple actually, his brother and old coaching staff came back to Giles so he went back. The former coach was Walt Smith, I’m sure you remember him, didn’t y’all have him awhile too? We DON’T have to go around recruiting players, actually they come to us and ask how to get to MCHS! I could name a few on your team that came back in the winter asking but I won’t do that to a kid because I’m a grown woman! But we may have had a down year to you- but we have 10 injured players and have lost 2 games by one point- you hate us cause you ain’t us! Grow up and worry about your own team and I will take care of the  Tigers! Maybe we should have taken your players that came begging to play- I’ve been around along time little boy, now go play in the street! Remember people who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks! Go Tigers! I BLEED BLUE!

Then why did he leave the fine program Osteen built during his senior year? 

Excuses excuses...we have 10 injured players, blah blah.

youre referring to Bubba? He came home to play because SHHS finally got wrestling, his true calling. 

I don’t think ANY players should be allowed to “move” a few miles up the road to play HIGH SCHOOL football, and if the TSSAA had a single hair on their ####, they would start punishing programs that do it. 

I am glad you support your high school (Maury County could certainly support their teams a little bit more), but at the end of the day, you are getting fired up and calling names about 15-18 year olds playing football. How bad must it suck in MC that that’s all you have to be proud of?

you have 32,000 people living in your whole county (most of whom I’m sure are related). Please, blather on about your beloved Tigers...I wouldn’t want to take the one positive thing  about Marshall County away from you.