Kirby vs Ridgeway

kwc

This is a very intruiging game. Kirby has the Louisville commit at QB. Ridgeway has a very good QB as well. Kirby is 2-0. Ridgeway is 0-2. However, Ridgeway's losses are at the hands of MUS (D2-AAA) and Whitehaven (6A_. Both are undefeated, and both are projected to go deep in the playoffs. Kirby has beat Hillcrest (1A) and Melrose (3A). Both programs are currently 0-2. 

In BGIM I chose Kirby. I'm rolling with the Louisville commit. This is coach Flowers 3rd season at Kirby. What does everyone think of this game?

Edited by kwc

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K dub you better wake up!!!! Lol...if ridgeway play them like they played us kirby dont stand a chance!!! Ridgeway is physical, great offense and will move the ball up and down the field....kirby has beat Melrose and Hillcrest!!! Nothing to brag about there....  mr Louisville gone have a long night. Trust me...

16 hours ago, coach10ac said:

K dub you better wake up!!!! Lol...if ridgeway play them like they played us kirby dont stand a chance!!! Ridgeway is physical, great offense and will move the ball up and down the field....kirby has beat Melrose and Hillcrest!!! Nothing to brag about there....  mr Louisville gone have a long night. Trust me...

coach10ac:

I agree, Melrose and Hillcrest aren't world beaters. I also think that Kirby is playing well. I don't think that Ridgeway will overpower Kirby. I also think the Louisville commit is one of the best in the state at his position. He will be the difference. Not to mention that the RB for Kirby is a speed demon. I think Kirby slows down Ridgeway enough to outscore them.

Edited by kwc

1 hour ago, coach10ac said:

Kirby WR's ain't clutch....I love chestnut but I can't roll with him on this one.... they may pull one out but I think ridgeway is due to show up.

So, you think the Kirby WR's aren't clutch huh? As far as the Ridgeway team being due to show up. They were playing against MUS and WHitehaven in their previous two games. That may be the reason why they didn't ... "show up" more so then them being "due". JMHO.

Kdub....so you telling me, Playing the haven and mus is the same as playing Melrose and Hillcrest?? I hope not.... 2 hard games to start the season with. I think they will show up against kirby after being battle tested early!!!! Again if they play kirby the way they played us, ridgeway wins!! They got they toughest out the way which no one thought they would win. I'm saying now they're in they league and bout to show up

7 hours ago, coach10ac said:

Kdub....so you telling me, Playing the haven and mus is the same as playing Melrose and Hillcrest?? I hope not.... 2 hard games to start the season with. I think they will show up against kirby after being battle tested early!!!! Again if they play kirby the way they played us, ridgeway wins!! They got they toughest out the way which no one thought they would win. I'm saying now they're in they league and bout to show up

LOL ... of course not. Actually, we are saying the same thing about Ridgeway. Their first two games were against stiffer competition. What we don't know is 'how good Kirby actually is'. If Kirby is good ... then they should have blown out their first two teams. They did that. 

I don't think that Kirby is going to roll on Ridgeway. I don't think that Ridgeway is going to roll on Kirby. I think they are both good offensively. They both have good QB play. Right now Kirby's QB is rated better/higher then the Ridgeway QB. I think that give Kirby the edge. You don't think that Kirby's WRs are clutch, so you are rolling with Ridgeway. That, and you think Ridgeway is going to be more physical then Kirby. I don't know about that, we will see tomorrow.

The two questions that have to be answered are these:

1) How will Ridgeway's defense slow down the offense of Kirby? (Run game and passing)

2) How will Kirby's defense slow down Ridgeway's offense? (Run game and passing)

Me picking Kirby to win this games means that I think Kirby's 'D' slows down Ridgeway's 'O', more so then, Ridgeway's 'D' will slow down Kirby's 'O'. Let's see which QB throws it to the team in the opposite colored jersey. INTs will be key in this game. I think the Ridgeway QB throws more INTs then the Kirby QB.

Edited by kwc

I saw the first half of kirby vs Hillcrest. They WR couldn't catch a cold in the swiss Alps doin the ice bucket challenge!!!!! It was the ground game that scored all the points but that still ain't saying much because Hillcrest D was garbage!!! Running a 44 Defense wont work if you don't know what you're doin....I wasn't impressed!!! But I know that's a lil rivalry they have goin so anything can happen but I still give the edge to RW.

27 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

I saw the first half of kirby vs Hillcrest. They WR couldn't catch a cold in the swiss Alps doin the ice bucket challenge!!!!! It was the ground game that scored all the points but that still ain't saying much because Hillcrest D was garbage!!! Running a 44 Defense wont work if you don't know what you're doin....I wasn't impressed!!! But I know that's a lil rivalry they have goin so anything can happen but I still give the edge to RW.

Ok, ok, ok. I see what you are saying. I understand where you are coming from. Cause, if you can't catch a cold doing the ice bucket challenge in the Swiss Alps, then you can't catch. 

However, I'm still rolling with the Louisville commit. We will see.