Forrest 53 - Tullahoma 48 behind Jenkins' 22 pnts

gomab2

Forrest HS opened up their season this afternoon against AAA school Tullahoma with a 53-48 win behind Jr F Jamar Jenkins' 22 points. Jr G Hunter Shankle put in 15 points and Sr F Blake Snapp added 14 points for the Rockets. Tullahoma was led by #22 (soph G) with 14 points, and #32 (6'7 post) added 12 points....... Forrest, though finishing 6-21 last year, debuted in my Class A poll at #13, and is my sleeper to make some MAJOR noise this season in Sinle A ball....

Gomab...I was extremely impressed with Jenkins. Looks like he has the whole package inside and out. I loved his aggressiveness taking it to the hoop (something Tullahoma's big guys desperately need to adopt). It was like he just said, "I'm fixin to score. See if you can stop me." Most of the time they didn't stop him.

By the way, #22 for Tullahoma is sophomore MIchael Pettay and #32 is senior Matt Lawson. Tullahoma still has a long way to go but they're still trying to work four key players into things after just a week of practice since football ended. They'll be better than today but how much better is the key question.

[Edited by mikemcgee on 11-23-02 8:11P]

Thanks for the info mikemcgee..... I think Tullahoma has the potential to get some wins in 8AAA this year..... I would love it if you could give me some more names and grades from the Tullahoma lineup.... #24 Wing, athletic; #12 short red-headed shooter; #23 athletic PG; #55 strong Forward......

As for Jamar, he is the complete package. He did not play very well today, but still ended up with 22 points. His potential is almost limitless, and he is a great kid as well.....

#24 is Calvin Brazier, a senior just out of football.

#12 (the red-haired guy) is sophomore Justin Lyons

#23 is senior Astor Banani

#55 is Chris Peterson, a senior who was an excellent defensive lineman on the football team.

Don't know if you noticed him, but the slender white kid that came off the bench at guard (#20) is sophomore Brian Morris. Practiced for the first time Friday after recovering from knee surgery. Has excellent potential at the point, sees the floor well and can pass it. Also can shoot it some. Coach Taylor is still trying to fit a bunch of new pieces in since the football boys and Brian arrived this week. They looked a bit stagnant at times on the offensive end and the legs weren't always quick on "D". We'll just have to see what happens.

By the way, I'm now a Forrest fan. i like the way they play.

Forrest did a great job today getting to the rim, in my opinion,that is what won them the game. Jamar Jenkins and Hunter Shankle did a great job getting to the rim. Patrick Schnapp also had a very good game. The whole team did a great job.About Jamar, Ive been watching him as long as anyone and yes , he is a player, and he has some people on the team to compliment his skill..GREAT JOB ROCKETS!

I'm not gonna say who I am but i will give a hint. You might not get the hint but Joesph will. The hint is "twisted ankle". I hope Joesph gets better because I want to see him play. Speaking of the twins,you guys play Sparta this week. They should be no problem beating them. Slatten has ran the Roy's Boys such as Ben,Doug,Kyle and the rest of the senior bunch. It should be an easy Win. Just don't come down on someone's ankle. Good luck. : ;)