Round 1: Howard at Elizabethton

EHSTrack06

1 hour ago, Tab said:

I have not always bad mouthed the coaches I just do when they do crazy stuff. Do the math and you know I am right about scoring. I picked them to lose to sh and Greeneville this year so I was 1 and 1. Last year I picked them to lose to above 2 and Anderson county so I was 3 and 0. What does it matter what I picked. Just because you tell the truth or pick someone to lose does not mean you dislike them

Did you watch this game online?

12 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

You clones had me worried ..got me rethinking you guys beating ac....i might just go to the ac betsy game so i can get a good look at the challengers vs one another.

Howard has improved tremendously since they played AC. They have the talent to play anyone just can't keep it together. Plus we played them under a little different circumstance than AC. Rain and Wind then more Rain and Wind. Honestly in my opinion had the weather been good you could add at least 21 to our score if not more. But it is what it is and maybe I feel that way because I was frigging soaked and frozen LOL

I guess we should had just gave them the game. They had an oppertunity to line up and play. There was time on the clock.They chose to stand on the sidelines and pout. The refs stopped the play so they could line up but I guess they had to make a point and they did. Then they got mad because we lined up. 

I thought it was the right call by the refs to give them a chance to grow up, by resetting the play and giving them the oppertunity to line up. 

If we had taken a second knee then we would had been accused of not giving them another chance to score. 

Not only that but as hard a Cory played last night, he deserved to feel that end zone at the end of the game. As hard as they all played...

If they would had lined up then we might had not scored and at least they would had salvaged their pride and took their loss with dignty. 

Maybe we should had protested along wth them and sat down on the field. 

Seems to me the number of personal foul penalties on their side would be a indicator of who had the poor sportsman like attitude. 

I think according to some in here, we should never have the mercy rule. They would have it when a team scores too much, they need to let the other team catch up before they start scoring again. The old everybody gets a trophy philosophy.

Howard brought their ills upon themselves last night.

I really hope that them staying on the sidelines was not a protest as it appeared but as has been stated, the coach showing them their bad attitude has consequences. 

Life beats you up till the very end but you cannot sit down and say I am not going to do anything until life goes my way. Bad lesson to teach your kids.

This attitude was not brought on by Elizabethton it was brought on by the thought of losing after such a long trip and good season. The tention was there throughout the whole game.

The difference between us and Howard is we would had never did what they did. I have never seen anything like that and yet, it is and was our fault.

What a world we live in. 

Good game Howard, you definatly have skills but the lack of discipline puts a dark shadow on any good you accomplished.

Read JC Press even Doug Fritz agreed with me and even Witten said they need to control their emotions another way of saying he messed up.

to datoad Cory already scored no need to have him feel good a win is better and what is this " If we had taken a second knee then we would had been accused of not giving them another chance to score. " that is makes no sense what so ever.

also "This attitude was not brought on by Elizabethton it was brought on by the thought of losing after such a long trip and good season. The tention was there throughout the whole game. " True but Eliz stirred the pot by not taking a knee and scoring. Also did you see EHS at Greeneville get out of control and have several stupid penalties? 

Like I said read paper and Witten tells the truth and Doug Fritz does too.

Edited by Tab

Lets see, you fight to get to the ten yard line, your opponent is doing everything they can to stop you and you say, Hmmm, we worked so hard to get here lets just quit at our goal (scoring) and not finish what we worked so hard for. 

Yet, another life lesson.

It wasn't as if we had blown them out.

There was still some game left. It just so happened some wanted to play and others wanted to take their ball and go home.

From what I saw last night, the point in continuing play was to show Howard this is not the right attitude. Namely, just stay off the field until you get your way.

Even the refs could see the childishness of it all.

I did not see them pouting when they got the ball back and attempted to score. It was only when we had the ball. 

If you give up on the situation then you will be defeated. You play until the end. 

As far as taking a knee, when you have a blow out situation at the end of the game then yes, take a knee. 

That was not the situation last night. It was not like we were playing somebody who did not have the skill or oppertunity to do something. They chose not to. They wasted their time.

Yet another life lesson.

Yes, winning the game is part of it so is teaching lifes lessons.

We were the ones who went to shake hands at the end. tThey were the ones who refused and were made to shake hands. 

This is the perfect oppertunity foir their coaching staff to teach these young men some life lessons. 

You would rather handycapp them with a welfare philosophy. Send them into life thinking all they have to do to get their way is pout and throw fits.

Life lesson oppertunity.

Edited by Datoad

Howard acted terrible and it was just unnecessary.  That still doesn't mean you give the ball back.  YOU still have to keep you head about you.  In the moment it is extremely hard while trying to coach and figure out what the heck the other team was doing.  They did nothing wrong by scoring you would just like to see more time taken off the clock.  You snap the ball and let whoever you want stand on the goal line until time runs out and then step into the end zone.  No time on the clock, don't even run the extra point,  Just get out of there with the safety of your players and no ejections.  Luckily no one got hurt as a result of giving them the ball back.