best shortstops in the mid-state

napoleon8

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fival06

Well i dont know if any of yall have seen him play. Rhea County is in east tennesse.Their ss Brent Rucker standing 6'4 who hit around 450. last year and has been clocked this season at 6.7 60yd. He has started the last 2 years had an outstanding season in 2000-01 when Rhea County won the 5AAA region championships,knocking out bradley central and cleveland and mcminn was real strong that year also.Rhea didnt have a good year last year but they only lost 2 starters and they are starting 6 seniors this year, well good luck hope to see some of yall in the state.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that the two best short-stops i have seen so far this year is Michael Fisher from MBA and Jonathon Miller from Centennial. Both of those are great shortstops with chances to go far. They both have great bats and arms which are great qualities for SS. Watch out for them this season.

I know that Greenback is not in MidTen but they have a dynamic shortstop. Trae Helton. He is a switch hitter that hits the ball well both ways. As a matter of fact he took one out to center right handed against sequoyah. On top of that he is a 4.1 student. He has taken every advanced class they offer and has done well. He wants to attend Vanderbilt but is still just a Junior.