Camden at Fairview

Swarm

On 9/29/2019 at 9:34 AM, Swarm said:

The perennial R6 #1 & #2 square off this Friday night in Fairview. Both teams still have to deal with a vastly improved Stewart County Rebels team later on but this is the biggest game of the year so far for both teams.

Camden is coming off getting shut out 0-22 by a good 2a team. 

Fairview is coming of another penalty infested blowout win against a 1 dimensional 4a team. 

I have no reason to believe this wont be another ugly, frustrating, hard fought game. If Fairview continues to play undisciplined football, they lose is my prediction. If they play clean, they win again. 

What say you? 

Good luck to the Jackets friday night!

• Thanks 1

This is a typical football game.  Controlling penalties and turnovers will be the key.  I see both teams finding some success on both sides of the ball.  I like the comment of "WANT TO". 

You can't teach want to, you either have it or your don't.  If you do have it, do you decide to use it or not.  I for one think so of our key players have a lot of it and some of our key players have none. 

3 hours ago, FVJackets said:

This is a typical football game.  Controlling penalties and turnovers will be the key.  I see both teams finding some success on both sides of the ball.  I like the comment of "WANT TO". 

You can't teach want to, you either have it or your don't.  If you do have it, do you decide to use it or not.  I for one think so of our key players have a lot of it and some of our key players have none. 

Definitely been an identity crisis going on at times. As well as some "lackluster" moments from several. This week is a good opportunity to ball out and gain some momentum. 

Go Jackets!

5 hours ago, FVJackets said:

At times Fairview is too many "ME's" and not enough "WE's", and this directly effects the want to.  If a players stats are down, the want to is down, if a players stats are good, want to is good,  This also applies to the personal foul penalties - IMO they are nothing short of selfish.  Football is a rough sport, but no excuse not to compose yourself, ESPECIALLY when you are winning by a lot!  All my opinion of course :)

Fairview has to have a complete TEAM effort Friday to beat Camden, in addition to what was posted above, good clean football game, more so than any other game thus far.   Team effort + no penalties + no turnovers = big W for Fairview!

Waverly looked like a better team than Camden from my perspective. Especially on the line of scrimmage. That's been our weakness this year and it's Waverly's strength so we had matchup problems. We also tackled extremely bad against Waverly and very well against Camden. 

The Waverly vs Camden game is also an emotional rivalry game, was the first game of the season, Waverly had a brand new coach, and they lost their starting QB for the season in the first half.

It's my opinion that if they played again now that Waverly would probably win but I could be wrong.