Gomab/Clarksville

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Gomab,

With the season underway do you still think Harris and Sampson from Kenwood are the best duo in Clarksville ahead of Carter and Reed from Northeast? It seems that right now Carter and Reed are really playing great ball and Sampson and Harris are just playing OK. Also I think Carter and Reed are a more versatile and can both handle, play inside, post up, and drive to the hole. Also now how do you rank the Clarksville players. With Haynes not playing to great right now either. One more thing aren't Sampson, Harris, Reed, and Carter all Midstate Ballerz that must make you proud.

Good post, Clarksvillefan..... The duo of Carter and Reed has really played well and turned a lot of heads..... But as far as the best duo in the city, I would definitely have to stick with Sampson and Harris. There are a lot of X-factors here, but Harris and Sampson are the better duo. Reed and Carter may have the slightly better scoring stats as of right now, but they play in a better system to showcase their abilities, they have a MUCH, MUCH better supporting cast, and their team is averaging roughly 40 POINTS a game more than Harris' Kenwood team...... Sampson is as versatile a player as there is in the area, and Harris is a big time player that is not getting the touches he needs right now......

As far as Clarksville area rankings go.... They would still be the same at:

1)Harris

2)Sampson

3)Haynes

4)Carter

5)Reed

But the difference here is that some of the gaps are narrowing. Reed has not only established himself as a Definite Top 5 player, but he is right up there as just a soph with any player on the list, save Harris.... If you count him as in the area, Brian Skelton would have to be #6, Brandon Burney #7, and probably Alex Bowers #8 (based on his on court production), followed by Quinn Bradley at #9, and Graylin Tuck #10.......

And yes, I am very proud of these guys, where 4 of the top 5 in Clarksville area are Midstate Ballerz......

Has northwest been playing to potential this season so far?? Ive seen where theve lost a couple and so on for the clarksville teams. Right now it seems as if clarksville has some of the best talent youll find anywhere but our teams records arent very impressive. Could this be because were a young group, the lack of coaching or maybe its just too early and the clarksville teams will get it together later on. Also at northwest, how has thomas haynes been playing, hes ranked as one of the best players in the city and is a proven player but has he had a strong start to his senior season to impress people?

Guest ClarksvilleFan

Good Post Gomab,

But what is it that Harris and Sampson do so much better than Reed and Carter. I have seen all play extensively as I know you have too. I know Harris is a dynamite player and surely is the best in the area, but I don't think Sampson is that strong top flight. He has turned the ball over numerous times this season and just hasn't played well and that has nothing to do with system. Calvin Carter is better than Mike Sampson and it is not that close. And you are right as a soph Reed is playing his way to the top of the list with a strong start. But I think Carter and Reed slightly edge Sampson and Harris. WHat do other people think?

And Bowers,

Thomas Haynes has not started the season strong. And Northwest is not playing very well and soon may be labeled the areas most overrated team! I just don't see them being that good. And it's not all from having a bad coach.

i havent seen carter play at all so i cannot voice my opinion about carter and reed but we scrimmages kenwood twice recently.Antwon dominate as he should(with us lacking size) but sampson wasnt a real threat. In both scrimmages sampson serves as the pg, bringing the ball up and calling plays and so forth but he does play tremendous D or well he did against us anyway. thanks.

Thanks for the post, Clarksvillefan..... but I still think the best duo is clearly Harris and Sampson. And Kenwood's struggles shouldn't diminish this, as NE probably has 6 or 7 other players that would serve as Kenwood's third best player..... Harris is clearly the best player in Clarksville: I don't think there is any disputing that. But as for Sampson vs Carter: I still give the edge to Sampson. Sampson has a great inside-outside game, Runs all five positions for Kenwood, rebounds much better than Carter, has a better mid-range game, is a better athlete (as far as running the floor, and getting off the ground), and plays with as much heart as any player around (along with Harris)..... Carter is a heck of a player, and is having an outstanding season, and I LOVE his game. But I have seen both Sampson and Carter not only in high school, but in AAU together, and very recently in two Showcases, both of which Sampson was rated consesus higher than Carter...... So as much as I love Carter's game, it will take more than just putting up more PPG than Sampson to sway my mind.....

The matchups I look forward to, will be Henry Co's duo vs Northeast and Henry Co vs Kenwood's duo.... Because Sturdivant and Teague will have a lot to say about who may be the best duo in the District......

But right now, I still have to clearly go with Sampson and Harris, by how they've performed over the years in High School (and this year), and how they have performed on a larger stage in AAU, against some of the best competition Nationwide....