Sophmore Pitchers in Middle Tennessee

Wesley22

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Brock, (6'4"-215) Left handed. Plays at Page HS.

Chris Haynes (5"11-170) Plays at Smyrna HS. Has a good fastball with movement, great splitter and curveball.

Sean Vinnet, (5'11"- 180) Right handed. Plays at Father Ryan. Throws 85 plus consistently.

Tye McCleary (5' 10"-185) Plays at Oakland. Throws hard with a good curveball.

Randy Vincent (6'2"-200) Plays at Coffee County. Throws mid 80s.

There are many other mid-state sophomores that can be added but these come to mind.

Stephen Shults, RHP, Lawrence County, will be the Cats #1 or #2 this season pitching in a lot of big games. I personally have seen Vincent from CC pitch, and I feel that Shults is far and away the best sophomore pitcher in 8AAA. Not to take anything away from Vincent, he is a good one also, I just think Shults is better.

Matt Heady from Red Boiling Springs will be a solid pitcher in A ball. Has an excellent head on his shoulders and has great mechanics. His dad taught him excellent mechanics at an early age. Should be one of the top if not the top pitcher in 7A. He also has command of three pitches, really places the ball well.

• 2 months later...