Clinton @ Anderson County

MavMan05

Who cares? I mean seriously.... Coach Keith certainly doesn’t. He doesn’t need it for playoffs, and it doesn’t hurt his wallet. I really like him, it’s not the most important game in the world to him, it’s just game 1, whatever the score ends up, he’ll prep his men for the next week. He’s not from here, so this game means nothing. He loves what they do at AC, thinks a lot of how the kids and parents follow the program. He’s doing his best to restablish that feel at CHS. But come on, let’s be real, it’s not AC’s biggest game and it’s not Clinton’s. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 9:57 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Let's get ready to Rumble for That magnificent Bridge! Both Teams want it but only one Great team will be able to walk away with it. The question is who wants it the Most! :hungry:

I don't think they are playing for the bridge anymore. It was not at last year's game.

Just now, titansfan said:

Clinton will lose. However, Keith will make a difference for the Dragons in the long haul. The truth is, AC is the better program and the school system’s favorite. CHS is the red headed step child. All the money is on the North end of the county. #GoDragons

I will agree honestly. But Clinton has always had natural talent. Programs are not built overnight. The new coach sounds like he will mix it up and that's what they need. I think he will in the future make the Mavs earn it. You can not expect him to win the first game but he sounds like he is in it for the long run. I may be wrong but I think he is best bet yet for Clinton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I will agree honestly. But Clinton has always had natural talent. Programs are not built overnight. The new coach sounds like he will mix it up and that's what they need. I think he will in the future make the Mavs earn it. You can not expect him to win the first game but he sounds like he is in it for the long run. I may be wrong but I think he is best bet yet for Clinton.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this one closer than people think.  I don't really have a score prediction at the moment because I haven't seen either team on the practice field this year. 

Clinton may have a small advantage coming in with a new offense that no one has seen on film just yet. It may take AC's defense by surprise not really knowing what is coming at you at first. 

We will see. Should be interesting.

Yeah this could get interesting. The unknown could give the Mavs a handful. No one counting on a win for Clinton so they have nothing to lose. I am really worried that this new coach can present problems for the Mavs if not now maybe later. I am counting on an established program at AC to pull it off but I have seen this before where the unknown and the new pulls the upset. I am hoping for Clinton to show some promise and grow each game. It's always good to have a neighborhood rivalry especially since we no longer play Oak Ridge or CC.

• Upvote 1