Henry County: Thoughts towards Wendall Sturdivant

Patriot4

Wendall Sturdivant and Zech Teague are two players for Henry County who bring a tremendous amount of excitement to the team. Sturdivant scored 33 points against Jackson North Side. Everyone knows how talented of a team they are. Still you find Sturdivant 66 ranked in the State for Seniors, and Teague dropped 24 points against Northside, but you find him 44th in the state for juniors. Sturdivant is the real deal..and I think he deserves more respect. Maybe i could get some opinions towards him and Henry County's team. (They also have a sophomore starting named Brandon Foster..he will make a big-time impact..towards the time.Watch for his name to come.)

Zech Teague has grown to about 6'4 this year. He understands that for him to be prepared for the collegiate level he must work on his perimeter game as you asked about. I know that he has stayed after many days..working on his jump shot..and perimeter game.

Sturdivant is more of a complete player, but Teague has another year of improvement which Sturdivant doesn't. I'd say the best time to see these two would be against Kenwood, because you will probably see the Teague v.s. Sampson match-up. That should be a tremendous battle between to very talented players. Also you'll see how Sturdivant will do against Harris i do believe. He is i belive in the top-ten players in the state for juniors I think.

Sturdivant scored 28 in the overtime loss to Union City the first game. Teague scored 20 I do believe.

Sturdivant scored 33 against Jackson Northside who is very talented..and TEague had 24.

Let me on any info. you might want or need and i'll do my best to get it too you..

What do you want me to tell you? I go to Henry County High School and I'm tired of good athletes being overlooked, and everyone loves Teague and Sturdivant in our school. Anything you need to know i'll help you. Just tell me what you want to know and i'll do my best to find stuff out for you.

Coach Shul I tried to email you but my computer wouldn't let me so keep checking on here, and I'll continue to help you. I'm sure you know of the Delk brothers for Northside. I know Wendall was matched up w/ one of them, and both of the Northside boys had 17 each. The score was 95-89 I do believe.

Aight Coach i'll do my best to put my favorism for these guys, because they are just great guys. Sturdivant in my opinion is a complete player, but he lacks size. He is tall but very lanky or skinny. He is 6'2 and is rated around 66th in the state. Sturdivant will need to build on his bulk before he could probably perform at the next level. He is an incredibly hard-worker, and he brings a tremendous amount of leadership to our team. He is a leader in the hallways and on the court. His grades I really can't tell much about those but I do belive he is a A, B, or C, or average student. He isn't just a thug off the court, he's done a good job surrounding himself with good people. He is respected by many kids in our school, and Coach his work-ethic and desire to win would make him a very good collegiate player. He is also in many clubs at school.

Zech Teague's outside game has got better, but still needs improvement. I've talked to him about this personally and he agreed with me. He told me he was staying after everyday and working on it. Teague is also a kid that is liked in the hall-ways of our school and brings leadership to our team as well. I have joked w/ Teague that I'm going to be his agent so he calls me agent stutzman in the hallways, but i bet he never would guess that i'm really marketing him. :rolleyes: Coach if you don't mind where do you coach at?

[Edited by Patriot4 on 11-29-02 8:49P]

Thanks for the info.....

I run the Midstate Ballerz AAU Program.... and I may be interested in Zech for AAU this summer. I want to see him as much as I can this winter. I Coach both Delks, plus Antwan Harris and Sampson from Kenwood, among others.... There is not a high demand for 6'4 Post players, in Zech's case, but I heard he plays very, very hard, which I love..... As for Wendell, I want to see him so as to rank him as accurately as possible. After a number of phone calls in the past, #66 is where I fit him previously, but am anctious to see him, especially against a guard-oriented team like Clarksville NE.....

On a side note, how did JNS guard Ramon Williams play???? I believe he is #12, he is the dark skinned G....very athletic.....

Williams caused haffic to our point guards. He was very quick and showed a tremendous ability to be able to drive and dish the ball. Williams scored 8 points.

Coach Shul Teague would be a tremendous player to add to your AAU team. He will bring talent, size, and a good work-ethic to your team. Him and Sampson would be hard to beat down low. I can get you phone numbers or anything you might need.

[Edited by Patriot4 on 11-29-02 9:55P]

I appreciate the help and info..... I am definitely interested in Teague, but again, I need to see him more this winter..... I have MSN messanger....use the same Coachshul prefix, at hotmail.com for that (actually try that email address...it may work better than the first one I gave you)......

As most everyone knows here knows I am a BIG advocate of both players. In the brief exchanges I have had with both players they seemed like great guys....not "thugs" at all. There is NOTHING thug like about them. I know they are both EXTREMELY hard working. I know Wendell improved his game tremendously this summer while working at Wal-Mart as well. Character is not a problem with either guy. The are both just a little smallish...Wendell is 6'2" and say...150ish. Zech is about 6'4" 190ish maybe. These are just estimate from my eyes...nothing more. I hope this guy can help you our more than I could with these guys. I just personally don't know them GoMab...but again they are very approachable and cordial so if you wish to speak to them I do not think there would be a problem at all.