Gatlinburg-Pittman @ TKA

tnchad1980

I was at the TKA-Seymour game.  Seymour should have been able to wear them down, but it didn't happen.  TKA players are well conditioned.  They have a true strength and conditioning coach and I think that made a difference.  TKA has as much talent as any other HS, they just don't have the depth. Over half of the players starting have game experience playing over the last couple years.  Also, a lot of players would be starting at most schools around, so don't overlook them.   It will be interesting to see which freshman starts at QB for GP, the kid from TKA or Hammonds grandson?  There will be pressure on whichever it is.  GP better ground it out as GP has been known for, but not  having the older Hammonds in the backfield will hurt GP as well.  If TKA can stay healthy, they will play GP til the end.  However, an injury at any position will cost them since almost all kids play both ways.  TKA has 2 key players hurt that didn't get to play against Seymour.

17 hours ago, harley04 said:

You saying Pierce Hammonds is out :?:

I heard from someone above the tunnel that he may not be 100% and may not be ready for this game?? May just be rumor.  Best of luck to both teams.  I do not have a kid at either school.  I hope it is a good HS game.  Now that it is a Thursday night, should be a capacity crowd.  

Edited by HSsportsfan1