HALLS @ CLINTON

92Dragon

Halls has their hands full with Karns early on. Halls comes to Dragon Stadium for Clinton's first home game of 2020.

Clinton's freshman quarterback came off the bench and gave Clinton's offense a little spark in the second half last night. Clinton started 6 freshmen and played 7 with Keith coming off the bench. 

If Keith gets the start Friday night against Halls, I think this might be a pretty good game.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton may or may not win a game this year, but as long as they improve week to week and get better as the season goes on, you can't really ask much more than that for the new coach's first year. 

Dragon could you see that Clinton improved some since week 1. They should be improving and should gave a shot at Halls or maybe they can be competitive. 1st year coach and freshman playing that's valuable experience.

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Dragon could you see that Clinton improved some since week 1. They should be improving and should gave a shot at Halls or maybe they can be competitive. 1st year coach and freshman playing that's valuable experience.

Yes. The defense was playing better but the offense was still struggling until the freshman qb came in and sparked the offense some.

As you know our defense gave up 41 points to AC in the first half and only 14 to CAK. 

38 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Yes. The defense was playing better but the offense was still struggling until the freshman qb came in and sparked the offense some.

As you know our defense gave up 41 points to AC in the first half and only 14 to CAK. 

That's what I remember seeing. And it was looking good. Told Devilman because CAK had just beat no one 28-24 and Boone best Geeneville. I was impressed but I had no idea how it happened until now. That is impressive. I was thinking maybe star player for CAK was out etc...But that is really good!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That's what I remember seeing. And it was looking good. Told Devilman because CAK had just beat no one 28-24 and Boone best Geeneville. I was impressed but I had no idea how it happened until now. That is impressive. I was thinking maybe star player for CAK was out etc...But that is really good!!

Thanks Mavericksinflight. The coach addressed tackling and technique after the game. Talking about trying to work on those 2 things and trying to work on everything else too. Just finding the time is hard because we have so many things that needs to be worked on.

But he also mentioned how many young guys are playing for him already and that all the other teams better get their licks in while they can. LOL! 

5 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton and Halls have had some great games in the history of their rivalry.

I remember Clinton beating Halls twice in 92. The 2nd game was Clinton winning 6-0 to earn a trip to the State Championship where we ended up losing to Gallatin 21-13.

Seems like yesterday. 

Yeah Clinton appears to have the talent and a good history but have been hit by the coach transition bug the past few years. And can throw you behind a couple years and then starting with a young class just adds insult to injury. I am excited about the 1st half last week and that's a start. I have a feeling we will have some competition. 

Good luck this week! Hope Clinton does well in rebuilding!!