White House vs FRA

copacanobra

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, copacanobra said:

I think the trousdale game definitely taught us a lot and made us better.  I just don’t know what FRA’s talent level looks like.  

Just curious what you think the Trousdale game taught y’all since it was so lopsided?

PS: I’m not talking smack here... I’m really curious.

1 hour ago, GangTackle said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea to sit Blackburn to keep him fresh this week since Springfield is next. :lol:

I expected for our JV to see a lot of game time against Station Camp for the same reason.  Starters will then be nice and rested for visiting BDP to the JAC the following  week.  I am not talking smack either.  BDP will be a Region game 

Edited by TheCommissioner

53 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Just curious what you think the Trousdale game taught y’all since it was so lopsided?

PS: I’m not talking smack here... I’m really curious.

On film you can watch them do things that they’ve obviously been coached to do.  Getting hands on and not letting o-linemen get up to the backers, reading guards instead of just looking in the backfield, squeezing when you get down blocks, wrapping up when you go to make a tackle, just getting to the football urgently in general, etc.  

A lot of times kids in high school think a coach is making stuff up and that it doesn’t really work and they can just go out and play however they want and be fine.  Most times if they’re on a really talented team they probably will be fine.  But then you play a team like trousdale that has equal or better talent AND they’re doing the fundamentals, while you’re not doing the fundamentals and you saw the result.  I think the lesson should be “Coach isn’t just blowing smoke up my butt, he’s actually telling me things that will make me better and help us win” 

2 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

On film you can watch them do things that they’ve obviously been coached to do.  Getting hands on and not letting o-linemen get up to the backers, reading guards instead of just looking in the backfield, squeezing when you get down blocks, wrapping up when you go to make a tackle, just getting to the football urgently in general, etc.  

A lot of times kids in high school think a coach is making stuff up and that it doesn’t really work and they can just go out and play however they want and be fine.  Most times if they’re on a really talented team they probably will be fine.  But then you play a team like trousdale that has equal or better talent AND they’re doing the fundamentals, while you’re not doing the fundamentals and you saw the result.  I think the lesson should be “Coach isn’t just blowing smoke up my butt, he’s actually telling me things that will make me better and help us win” 

Reasonable explanation. Thanks

2 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Buy-in. 

18 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I know you all loss, but did you see a big turn around execution wise this week?

I wasn’t at the game.  My little brother plays for East Robertson so I’ve been going to his games.  I’ll have to watch the tape tomorrow.  Apparently we were up 14-0 in the first half and ended up losing in double OT.