MTCS vs DCA postponed

CougarDadx2

Any idea what the specifics are? It seems many schools are making really bad decisions with cancellations. In other words, instead of sitting the positive player(s), they are doing some weird contact tracing and forcing numerous kids to sit out. It’s all over the map how different schools are handling this too. I think this has been a big overreaction for the simple fact that kids are simply not at risk! None are hardly ever hospitalized and most kids are asymptomatic! I mean, what are we doing?! With kids, it should be treated exactly like the flu. If they are symptomatic and test positive, sit them out. Everyone else...play ball! Stop with the fear and panic emotional reaction craziness!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Any idea what the specifics are? It seems many schools are making really bad decisions with cancellations. In other words, instead of sitting the positive player(s), they are doing some weird contact tracing and forcing numerous kids to sit out. It’s all over the map how different schools are handling this too. I think this has been a big overreaction for the simple fact that kids are simply not at risk! None are hardly ever hospitalized and most kids are asymptomatic! I mean, what are we doing?! With kids, it should be treated exactly like the flu. If they are symptomatic and test positive, sit them out. Everyone else...play ball! Stop with the fear and panic emotional reaction craziness!

Defensive coach with two sons on the team was positive. He and sons were quarantined as were other coaches. No other players were quarantined nor have they shown any symptoms. Practice cancelled for the week. Hope to return next week and continue season. Schools are trying to reschedule if possible to avoid a COVID loss.

29 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Defensive coach with two sons on the team was positive. He and sons were quarantined as were other coaches. No other players were quarantined nor have they shown any symptoms. Practice cancelled for the week. Hope to return next week and continue season. Schools are trying to reschedule if possible to avoid a COVID loss.

Ok. Curious why that stopped them from playing though? Two players and a coach. Couldn’t they play without them for a game? I think that is a common occurrence...a few players and they decide to shut it down. I simply disagree with that logic. Is it just me?

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

Ok. Curious why that stopped them from playing though? Two players and a coach. Couldn’t they play without them for a game? I think that is a common occurrence...a few players and they decide to shut it down. I simply disagree with that logic. Is it just me?

The answer would be yes - he coached on Friday night and did not show signs until Saturday. I assume it is an abundance of caution to see if any other players become ill?

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

The answer would be yes - he coached on Friday night and did not show signs until Saturday. I assume it is an abundance of caution to see if any other players become ill?

Understood. Just my opinion that it’s a major overreaction and does not meet the logic or common sense meter whatsoever! It’s going on all over the state and the country obviously. Just silliness. The flu response, I’m afraid, has basically changed forever because of this mess.

On 9/11/2020 at 10:21 AM, sportsguy22 said:

I agree 100%.  In the past, we would have never known that someone was even feeling bad - they would have played and gone on.  This reaction to this overblown "pandemic" is crazy.

• Like 1