Riverdale 14 DB 9

warriordawg31

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In most of Riverdale's close games, Riverdale has been obviously superior but, with penalties and turnovers, has let teams stay in the game. DB was in control much of this game and played excellent defense, but turnovers killed them. DB has a great team and came with a great game plan.

Congrats.

Db should of won the game. They were dominating on both sides of the ball for the first quarter and a half. Riverdale's defense had no clue what to expect. They are so lucky Db gave them the ball alot. If db would of scored on the first possesion, they would have killed riverdale. Riverdale's fans were quiet, coaches were confused, team was down, and db had all of the momentum, but they kept turnig the ball over. Riverdale had the game given to them, and did not earn the victory, but they won so i guess they are the better team even though they were clearly outplayed. Without the turnovers, DB would have smoked riverdale, but they had several. Good luck to riverdale against brentwood

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. DB played a great game, and you diminish it by suggesting they gave it to Riverdale. The turnovers were forced by good pressure on the quarterback and good secondary play. There were many points in the game that could have resulted in a different result. Remember too, that Riverdale dropped a sure touchdown pass, was stopped at the one on the last play of the first half and threw an interception of their own on the opening drive of the second half.

No one can know how Riverdale would have responded had DB taken the lead in the second half. Maybe they would have opened up the offense and moved the ball-maybe not. What they did was put the game in the hands of their defense, and that was evidently good enough this time.

First off congrats to the Riverdale football family. The last 2 times we lost in the semis, the winner won the finals easily. In 98, Oakland drilled hendersonville and in 2000, red bank beat the warriors. Sounds like DB had the game in their hands. They outgained the Riverdale 323-135 and no first downs in the 2nd half. when you have 6 turnovers, you're not even going to be able to beat Jeff Co or Johnson City or any other terrible teams I can think of. Proud of our accomplishments and want every player to know that the DB football family is proud of them, especially this former player. Good luck to Riverdale, beat the Brentwood boys. I know enough about Rankin to know that he is a good guy and not a renegade coach that all of the Riverdale haters think he is.

FIRST OF ALL THIS AINT SOUR GRAPES, ITS SOUR FACTS. WE PLAYED GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN AND DIDNT. WE DIDNT GIVE THE GAME AWAY,WE STUCK IT OUT IN FRONT OF THEM AND THEY TOOK IT FROM US.NOT MANY TIMES CAN YOU HOLD A TEAM TO 0 FIRST DOWNS IN THE LAST 2 QUARTERS AND THEY STILL WIN THE GAME.WE JUST DIDNT HAVE A KNOCKOUT PUNCH.MY HATS OFF TO RIVERDALE- THEIR DEFENSE PLAYED GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN AND I HOPE YOU GUYS WIN IT ALL.YOU HAVE A GREAT PLACE TO PLAY AND NICE FANS.HOPE WE SEE YOU NEXT YEAR IN THE 4TH ROUND AGAIN.

DB did not play well enough to win that's why they didn't win!!Db did not give the game away Riverdale TOOK IT! I am a first year riverdale fan but I can't believe how all these fans and players from teams that have fallen by the wayside just simply sit and cry!! You lost NOW regroup and give it another shot next year!!It isn't over it goes on and on year after year!Two teams were on that field,the best one won the game-PERIOD!!Come on people accept the fact Riverdale has a good TEAM!! I do mean TEAM they play together they are a solid group and they have good coaching!Somebody has to lose!If Brentwood wins next week I will not get on here and say if this happened or if we scored first or this or that--I will just say it was Brentwoods year and congradulations to them!That's what good sports do!With that said I want to congradulate DB on a great season and a great team I hope you guys can do this agian next year!!

Guest rolltribe

If Riverdales facilities are so new and outstanding, why did the DB announcers have to call the game from the Riverdale stands by cell phone?!!!! They said press box space was a premium. I guess that was only if you are from Kingsport.

As far as the game, DB dominated the field but not the scoreboard. A gift TD on a freak punt play and one drive by the offense in the first half was enough. Playing the what if game (as in what if Reiverdale cathces the sure TD, what if the score before the half), what if DB doesn't fumble deep early in the game, what if the hold onto some throws they dropped. Riverdale should breathe a sigh of relief because DBs defense shut them down (0 first downs 2nd half and 24 yards) and DBs offense moved the ball at will between the 20s. I wont say they were handed the game because mistakes (5 ints, 1 fumble and 1 freak punt return) are part of football. I will say that they didn't win the game just played good enough not to lose. Sour grape? Nope, just facts. Talking about what if Riverdale caught the sure TD catch or scored before the half...As far as the best high school foorball being played in middle tennessee, I think Red Bank AND Sevier County have won state 5A championships in recent years. And DB this year has taken MBA to several overtimes and actually had the game in hand late, and also went to Murfreesboro and took it to Riverdale in a game they lost more than got beat. So...Good luck but maybe get out of middle tennessee on occasion and come on over to Kingsport to play sometime. :)