POWELL @ WEST IS FINALLY HERE! RIVALRY THURSDAY GAME!

keepitmoving

4 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

AC was game 2 for Powell.  So ya Powell has gotten a lot better than week 2 with a young team and no pre season.  Just look at the Central game, everyone said Central was gonna win......well we know how that went......Powell run defense has gotten a lot better since week 2.

Has anyone else gotten better since week 2?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, keepitmoving said:

Yep they have.  Most teams do.  Based off of West strength of schedule, I would say Powell has the upper hand.  It will be interesting to see how West deals with adversity.  Cause West has had a pretty easy schedule so far.  

Yes pure cakewalk - only hope we can keep the Powell fans out - seems to be our only hope of victory.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

AC was game 2 for Powell.  So ya Powell has gotten a lot better than week 2 with a young team and no pre season.  Just look at the Central game, everyone said Central was gonna win......well we know how that went......Powell run defense has gotten a lot better since week 2.

We knox the refs had a significant impact on the central game.  That's how that went.

4 minutes ago, MeritIII said:

Yes pure cakewalk - only hope we can keep the Powell fans out - seems to be our only hope of victory.  

Well you know what they say.....You gotta play the game.  This is my opinion, I feel the score will be somewhere around 38-22 like I said.  Instead of making light of my opinion why don't you make your prediction and lets hear your insight.   

7 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Yep they have.  Most teams do.  Based off of West strength of schedule, I would say Powell has the upper hand.  It will be interesting to see how West deals with adversity.  Cause West has had a pretty easy schedule so far.  

this is so silly to say, but it hasn't stopped you all from saying it.  Of course youve also just said they may score more than 38.  I advise you to stop day drinking.

4 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

I think West will be just fine, so I wouldn't dog them too much. I'd say Powell has more to prove simply because of what happened last November. Hopefully we don't end up with a repeat of that. It was a lot more fun when West did the pregame jawing (2011 and 2012), and on both occasions, Powell got their revenge.

2 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Here we go.....the refs stopped Central 4 times inside the 1 yard line....right.....come on man.  Ya the refs were bad both ways, but Central had plenty of opportunity to score points.  

We know you're not objective.  We don't expect you to be.  But no, as an outsider,  The refs weren't equally bad both ways.  It was the worst refereeing impact i've seen on a game in 10 years.  They ruined that game.

Edited by guthook

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

I think West will be just fine, so I wouldn't dog them too much. I'd say Powell has more to prove simply because of what happened last November. Hopefully we don't end up with a repeat of that. It was a lot more fun when West did the pregame jawing (2011 and 2012), and on both occasions, Powell got their revenge.

Not dogging West at all.  They are a very good team.  It is going to be a tough game for sure.  As far as last year Powell team, it was very easy to stop Powell offense.  Guard against the deep pass and a running QB.  Then Powell 3-4 defense certainly didn't help.  Powell now plays a 4-3 and you have to cover the whole field now, vs just the deep ball every time.  This is going to be a great game either way, but Powell is much improved in a lot of areas vs week 1 and 2

2 minutes ago, guthook said:

We know you're not objective.  We don't expect you to be.  But no, as an outsider,  The refs weren't equally bad both ways.  It was the worst refereeing impact i've seen on a game in 10 years.  They ruined that game.

Agreed, but like I said the refs didn't stop Central inside the 1 yard line 4 times.  That's 24 points left on the field (not counting extra point)