Region 6-3A 2021 & 2022

BoardHater71

I’m keeping an open mind about Waverly’s season this year. I know we are not in 2A anymore and when the playoffs come around it’s time to strap up or shut up. To many factors for me to give a prediction for our season. Covid being the main reason. Waverly should have a great year but time will tell. Hoping  I can down there to watch them next week. Unless Stewart county graduated their main players I’d say it will be between them Fairview and Waverly for the top spot in the region. 

Edited by vandyfan1

8 hours ago, Plugged said:

I heard from my friend in Pleasant View. West Creek ran Sycamore off of their own field. Said Sycamore maybe had 20 yards of offense. West Creek ran for 250+ with 4 tds.

I was at the scrimmage. Sycamore is running a peewee league defense. Blitzing every play doesn't work anymore. The offensive line looked bad early. They had players wide open but neither quarterback could complete a pass. In their first scrimmage cheatham looked much better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheatham said:

I was at the scrimmage. Sycamore is running a peewee league defense. Blitzing every play doesn't work anymore. The offensive line looked bad early. They had players wide open but neither quarterback could complete a pass. In their first scrimmage cheatham looked much better. 

He did say while the offense is not great the defense would be what hurts that team the most.

10 minutes ago, Plugged said:

He did say while the offense is not great the defense would be what hurts that team the most.

I watched this offense at Cheatham. It isn't pretty but it's a pain to stop once it gets going. I don't know what they were doing on defense. My coach always said that teams that are coached better don't have to blitz very often. Sycamore is blitzing on every play. 

8 hours ago, Cheatham said:

My coach always said that teams that are coached better don't have to blitz very often. Sycamore is blitzing on every play. 

Sycamore sucks cause their coaching sucks. They are in the best area in the whole county but have idiots coaching and nobody wants to be there or play for that mess.  The Cubs are gonna spank them for years to come.  

56 minutes ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

Sycamore sucks cause their coaching sucks. They are in the best area in the whole county but have idiots coaching and nobody wants to be there or play for that mess.  The Cubs are gonna spank them for years to come.  

From what i have heard you're spot on

Edited by Plugged

7 hours ago, Trollin said:

First week of games coming up. Predictions?

My prediction is that we come out a little slow early on offense. Seeing how we do have a few new kids in new positions. And depending on how our defense responds and I hope a couple changes of personal, before now and the end of the game, we come out victorious.

We=Waverly 

30 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Week One Has Arrived!  Good Luck to everyone with the start of your 2021 campaigns.  Here's to hoping for a COVID-Free season.  

I love the optimism but it seems covid has already hit waverly hard in the first week, almost 100 kids from the school wer quarantined yesterday evening. Our covid protocol is terrible, contact tracing, automatically gone.