Region 6-3A 2021 & 2022

BoardHater71

I would take Emrik Houston over Tez any day or the week. Tez had speed but Houston has the heart of a Tiger and will pound you all day long. Gav is the better QB from Dooley but not by much. Few tweaks on reading the field. Dooley is stronger and nearly as fast. He struggles to read the field. Then we get to JD. JD was a stud for the tigers. The issue is “a” stud. This years team has Brooks, Stanfield, Anderson, another Dooley, Edwards, and Ethan MCann. I’ll take the numbers over “a” stud. All of those guys can play and that makes us harder to defend vs 2016. we don’t have a 2016 line on either side of the ball and it showed in the scrimmage  I am sure some changes will be coming because our coaches are not scared to try different pieces of the puzzle to find the right combination  

This team rivals the 2016 team. I’ve watched both pretty close for a long time. 2016 sets the bar even though a couple other teams made it to the same level in the playoffs. 

East looked much better than I thought they would but the they won’t score in bunches with that style offense. They sure couldn’t stop waverly. We have two open dates if they want to lace up and play, I’m sure we could scrape up the cash to pay for your bus ride over. Somehow I doubt the coaches, East Hickman’s, would care to make that happen.  

5 hours ago, MannBlue said:

I would take Emrik Houston over Tez any day or the week. Tez had speed but Houston has the heart of a Tiger and will pound you all day long. Gav is the better QB from Dooley but not by much. Few tweaks on reading the field. Dooley is stronger and nearly as fast. He struggles to read the field. Then we get to JD. JD was a stud for the tigers. The issue is “a” stud. This years team has Brooks, Stanfield, Anderson, another Dooley, Edwards, and Ethan MCann. I’ll take the numbers over “a” stud. All of those guys can play and that makes us harder to defend vs 2016. we don’t have a 2016 line on either side of the ball and it showed in the scrimmage  I am sure some changes will be coming because our coaches are not scared to try different pieces of the puzzle to find the right combination  

This team rivals the 2016 team. I’ve watched both pretty close for a long time. 2016 sets the bar even though a couple other teams made it to the same level in the playoffs. 

East looked much better than I thought they would but the they won’t score in bunches with that style offense. They sure couldn’t stop waverly. We have two open dates if they want to lace up and play, I’m sure we could scrape up the cash to pay for your bus ride over. Somehow I doubt the coaches, East Hickman’s, would care to make that happen.  

Lol

11 hours ago, MannBlue said:

24 is a good back but he is no Bradley.  QB again is good player but a Mr. Football? Not even close. I’ll take JD over all three of the receivers I saw at the scrimmage. The biggest difference I saw at the scrimmage was the lack of aggression that usually comes from Waverly. Again they are a solid team but comparing them to 2016-18 is insane. All three of those teams beat this team by 40. East won’t score in bunches but it’s a long game and 10-12 play series ending in scores will wear on a team. Also it keeps the other offense off the field. I won’t get into the back and forth of what would have happened last year and who you think is scared but I will give East credit where it’s due. It’s not an easy place to coach and Austin is doing as good as you can do and the kids are believing and I will tell you they felt really good after last Friday night. Should be a fun year. Good luck to all teams. Let’s hope Covid don’t effect our football seasons again.

Forgive me if I do not agree with your take as I have watched these kids their entire lives.  bBut you are from East Hickman so their is that.   24 would kill Tez. Main reason is, he bus harder and with more passion. He crushes his opponent time after time. He doesn’t have the flash tez had. He also will play a whole game for a whole season. You couldn’t say that about Montez. Mainly because he has been abused for so long through the ages.   

the aggression will come from this team. It was the first scrimmage. I didn’t see a whole lot of aggression from many out there at all. 

2 hours ago, vandyman1010 said:

24 is a good back but he is no Bradley.  QB again is good player but a Mr. Football? Not even close. I’ll take JD over all three of the receivers I saw at the scrimmage. The biggest difference I saw at the scrimmage was the lack of aggression that usually comes from Waverly. Again they are a solid team but comparing them to 2016-18 is insane. All three of those teams beat this team by 40. East won’t score in bunches but it’s a long game and 10-12 play series ending in scores will wear on a team. Also it keeps the other offense off the field. I won’t get into the back and forth of what would have happened last year and who you think is scared but I will give East credit where it’s due. It’s not an easy place to coach and Austin is doing as good as you can do and the kids are believing and I will tell you they felt really good after last Friday night. Should be a fun year. Good luck to all teams. Let’s hope Covid don’t effect our football seasons again.

He’s not Montez at all, but he’s just as good as Montez, they are both monsters, nobody wants to hit someone like that, and Houston will take it to a person every play, whether it’s blocking for his qb or another rb, or if it’s running the ball, he won’t take a play off no matter what, that’s the only problem I seen from Tez throughout his career, Houston’s ability to help lead this team along with the other seniors is big too. And yes, jd, a different type of player that’s for sure, but we didn’t get to see these receivers make plays Bc they weren’t given the opportunity much at all during the scrimmage, possibly Bc coach don’t wanna show much, I would like to see these receivers get chances to make plays and get into open space and be athletes, I know they are all very capable of a huge play at any moment.

2 hours ago, vandyman1010 said:

And I am also impressed with how things are shaping up for the eagles, they have a good season ahead to look forward to. As a waverly fan, I am giving credit where credit is do. The hit  waverly in the face a few times and did not back down from the name across the chest. Good luck to all this season.

2 hours ago, MannBlue said:

Forgive me if I do not agree with your take as I have watched these kids their entire lives.  bBut you are from East Hickman so their is that.   24 would kill Tez. Main reason is, he bus harder and with more passion. He crushes his opponent time after time. He doesn’t have the flash tez had. He also will play a whole game for a whole season. You couldn’t say that about Montez. Mainly because he has been abused for so long through the ages.   

the aggression will come from this team. It was the first scrimmage. I didn’t see a whole lot of aggression from many out there at all. 

I’m not sure why you feel the need to bash me for stating my opinion. I don’t know these kids well but I definitely know those kids 2016-18 very well and that team was loaded. Coach was hard nose too. I’m simply telling you what I saw the other night. It was the first scrimmage and coaches do hold back but defensively you got some holes and make fun of East all you want but they had no problem moving the ball on Waverly. I’m not from East btw but whatever lol. 

1 hour ago, Plugged said:

Daily reminder that Waverly is not as good as their fans think 

What are you talking about nobody is saying they are going to whoop up on Covington or Alcoa. They are simply saying they have high expectations for the team and they are excited to get the season started.