Region 6-3A 2021 & 2022

BoardHater71

8 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Did ya finally get to take your frustration out against East Hickman after last year forced covid forfeit 

Take it out on East? Waverly  threw two picks in the first 10 plays.  Did get a mismatch and tossed a long touchdown. Every time the QB got pressure he threw a jump ball. 

East first possession, they went right down the field with ease scoring on Waverly. Seven to eight yards a carry. East tried to get too cute with play calling is the only reason they stopped East on any play. I didn’t see anyone taking anything out on East.  Waverly may have a hard time with Fairview.  I applaud Trollin for his support to his team but he forgot to give East a little credit. If Waverly is as good as he thinks, then East may have a pretty good year in 2A. 

25 minutes ago, vandyman1010 said:

Take it out on East? Waverly  threw two picks in the first 10 plays.  Did get a mismatch and tossed a long touchdown. Every time the QB got pressure he threw a jump ball. 

East first possession, they went right down the field with ease scoring on Waverly. Seven to eight yards a carry. East tried to get too cute with play calling is the only reason they stopped East on any play. I didn’t see anyone taking anything out on East.  Waverly may have a hard time with Fairview.  I applaud Trollin for his support to his team but he forgot to give East a little credit. If Waverly is as good as he thinks, then East may have a pretty good year in 2A. 

This is what I heard too Vandy. Heard East is stout up front and likely going to have one of their better teams ever. I still doubt they could beat yall in a real game. The good thing about scrimmages is they show you what needs work. 

As for Fairview it appears we're pretty powerful on the line of scrimmage ourselves but I didn't see much break away speed. I heard Marshall Co outscored us but it was a competitive scrimmage. 

41 minutes ago, Swarm said:

This is what I heard too Vandy. Heard East is stout up front and likely going to have one of their better teams ever. I still doubt they could beat yall in a real game. The good thing about scrimmages is they show you what needs work. 

As for Fairview it appears we're pretty powerful on the line of scrimmage ourselves but I didn't see much break away speed. I heard Marshall Co outscored us but it was a competitive scrimmage. 

Marshall County at Fairview Scrimmage Recap

7 possessions each way.  Typical first scrimmage some good and a lot of bad.  

Marshall scored 3 times and Fairview scored 2 times in 4 series with the Varsity.  

JV went 2 sets of 10 plays each.

Freshman was 10 plays each.  Marshall County scored on the final play by throwing a jump ball.

Hope to keep getting better in the weeks to come.  August 20th will be here soon enough.  Hope everyone got in some good work and stayed healthy.  

27 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Marshall County at Fairview Scrimmage Recap

7 possessions each way.  Typical first scrimmage some good and a lot of bad.  

Marshall scored 3 times and Fairview scored 2 times in 4 series with the Varsity.  

JV went 2 sets of 10 plays each.

Freshman was 10 plays each.  Marshall County scored on the final play by throwing a jump ball.

Hope to keep getting better in the weeks to come.  August 20th will be here soon enough.  Hope everyone got in some good work and stayed healthy.  

Awesome! Thank you sir 

I was short on time and only caught the first couple series from afar mostly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vandyman1010 said:

Lmao. Sounds like your a little high on your East Hickman Eagles bud. 

First of all, the interception that was first thrown was pass interference (flag thrown). So technically not an interception. And it was on Waverly’s first offensive possession. The 2nd “interception” was an interception. Congratulations to y’all. 

Waverly scored at ease against East Hickman. 3 TDs. East Hickman scored ONCE to a wide open receiver. 

Yes, East Hickman is big up front and ran the ball consistently moving the chains down the field on Waverly. Never scored though. Attempted a field goal instead which I wouldn’t recommend trying that again. Ever. 

Is East Hickman improved? Maybe? Who knows? Who cares! Waverly would have a running clock on these fools in an actual game. 

If y’all weren’t such cowards, you would have seen us whip the dog crap out of ya last year. Instead you took a Covid W instead of actually competing for a chance. 

AND if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to get on CoachT to brag about what you just did… after seeing what I seen last night… kudos to you bud! Tell your coach to man up and don’t be a coward like he was last year, maybe win a few games, maybe win a few region championships, maybe win a playoff game or 2 or 3…. then come talk. You should be embarrassed. 

Cowards. 

Edited by Trollin

34 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Lmao. Sounds like your a little high on your East Hickman Eagles bud. 

First of all, the interception that was first thrown was pass interference (flag thrown). So technically not an interception. And it was on Waverly’s first offensive possession. The 2nd “interception” was an interception. Congratulations to y’all. 

Waverly scored at ease against East Hickman. 3 TDs. East Hickman scored ONCE to a wide open receiver. 

Yes, East Hickman is big up front and ran the ball consistently moving the chains down the field on Waverly. Never scored though. Attempted a field goal instead which I wouldn’t recommend trying that again. Ever. 

Is East Hickman improved? Maybe? Who knows? Who cares! Waverly would have a running clock on these fools in an actual game. 

If y’all weren’t such cowards, you would have seen us whip the dog crap out of ya last year. Instead you took a Covid W instead of actually competing for a chance. 

AND if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to get on CoachT to brag about what you just did… after seeing what I seen last night… kudos to you bud! Tell your coach to man up and don’t be a coward like he was last year, maybe win a few games, maybe win a few region championships, maybe win a playoff game or 2 or 3…. then come talk. You should be embarrassed. 

Cowards. 

Let me try to interpret this post. East Hickman kicked Waverly around last night. Harpeth sucks. Your feelings are still hurt that East Hickman has now beaten Waverly the last 2 times they were scheduled to play each other. Trollin stop lying. Waverly isnt very good

1 minute ago, Plugged said:

Let me try to interpret this post. East Hickman kicked Waverly around last night. Harpeth sucks. Your feelings are still hurt that East Hickman has now beaten Waverly the last 2 times they were scheduled to play each other. Trollin stop lying. Waverly isnt very good

Lmao. Keep telling yourself that. We hear it every year. Everyone bets against Waverly. I call it every preseason what Waverly is going to do, nobody believes me blah blah blah… but somehow I’m always right and you piss ons are always wrong. I’ll make you a believer just like I did all the rest. Just stand by buttplug you will see

• Like 1

I saw the good Waverly teams with Stanfield, Montez, and JD.  Trust me, that team beats this team by 40. First pick was badly under thrown and not a penalty. East scored easily first drive and scored easily second drive with the second touchdown called back on a hold which was a terrible call. Waverly had a long touchdown run with a hold on the linebacker. Should have been an easy call. Other than the big plays, it was nothing much to it. They pounded your defense. You did score a third time I forgot…. On the 9th grade team. East coach looked far from scared and after all the crap you talked last year about what you would do, honestly that was a big let down. I will agree East needs to X the field goal and go for two. Keep beating your chest… you’ll limp into the playoffs but it won’t be 1st seed. Fairview beats you easily. Guess we will find out. I’ll be the first to say I’m wrong if I am. 

56 minutes ago, vandyman1010 said:

I saw the good Waverly teams with Stanfield, Montez, and JD.  Trust me, that team beats this team by 40. First pick was badly under thrown and not a penalty. East scored easily first drive and scored easily second drive with the second touchdown called back on a hold which was a terrible call. Waverly had a long touchdown run with a hold on the linebacker. Should have been an easy call. Other than the big plays, it was nothing much to it. They pounded your defense. You did score a third time I forgot…. On the 9th grade team. East coach looked far from scared and after all the crap you talked last year about what you would do, honestly that was a big let down. I will agree East needs to X the field goal and go for two. Keep beating your chest… you’ll limp into the playoffs but it won’t be 1st seed. Fairview beats you easily. Guess we will find out. I’ll be the first to say I’m wrong if I am. 

Everyone seems to be forgetting that this is the first scrimmage for all teams, the first chance for all teams to be on the field with a different color jersey. There’s gonna be mistakes by all teams, even the best. That’s what scrimmages are for, to fix your mistakes. This is the first time teams have seen others since late November. New faces in new positions. I can promise you waverly will have that defense stouted up before week 1 against Camden.

• Upvote 1

Heritage @ Greenbrier Scrimmage 

Offensively: The Patriots scored on their first drive on a tipped pass. I didn’t specifically count how many times Heritage’s 1st team had the ball or how many times they scored. They moved the ball well with their backup Quarterback #2 Dontarrius Teasley. Teasley is very athletic and can throw when he has to. The good news I got last night is Starter Taye Francis should be back for the opener on August 20th. He was supposed to have his cast cut off yesterday but over slept his Doctor’s appointment. His mom was not amused. 

Side Note: The Bobcats should have a better team this fall, but they’re Region may say otherwise. (Pearl Cohn moved up, Tullahoma, Marshall County and Lawrence County all joined Heritage & White House’s old Region). Greenbrier has some size and athletic ability. They also have a kid named Nathan Robinson who plays TE & MLB. He has been offered by UT & several other SEC Schools. Robinson is a Junior and is 6’6” 250 pounds. He wears #19. The Bobcats also have a few other good players as well. Wide Receiver #10 Derek Carter is a baller. He knows to high point the ball. Heritage had trouble covering both guys last night. Robinson lays the lumber! 

Defensively: There was some good and some bad. Like I mentioned earlier, the Bobcats have some size and were able to move the line of scrimmage against the Patriots. Heritage did make some nice tackles, but they also had some bad pursuit angles. That is all stuff Coach Dickerson and his staff can clean up. Greenbrier put the ball on the ground a lot. Heritage recovered some of those.

Special Teams: I will say none of the ST events were full speed. However, our Kicker Z Omar hit all of his XP’s and also nailed a FG. Heritage did field the ball on Punts and Kick Offs. 

I’m intrigued to see how Heritage looks at Home against Springfield next Friday. That may be more of an indicator of what the Patriots will look like this fall.