Powell vs. Catholic 2021

KnoxVil

Powell folks! Help me out with something. Heard a rumor yesterday that Packervision wants to put this game on TV for next season. Details were $10,000 to Powell. $5k from Pack and $5k from Catholic. Game to be played at Powell and Powell keeps all the gate. This has the potential to be a HUGE gate! Why in the world would Powell say NO? 

All that noise on social media and in the local paper and you say NO? Say it ain’t so Lowe, say it ain’t so.......

Make this game happen! It would be the best game of the year on Thursday night next season. With all that talent running around on the field it’s got to be a 50/50 game! 

Reconsider Panther Nation......

10 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Powell folks! Help me out with something. Heard a rumor yesterday that Packervision wants to put this game on TV for next season. Details were $10,000 to Powell. $5k from Pack and $5k from Catholic. Game to be played at Powell and Powell keeps all the gate. This has the potential to be a HUGE gate! Why in the world would Powell say NO? 

All that noise on social media and in the local paper and you say NO? Say it ain’t so Lowe, say it ain’t so.......

Make this game happen! It would be the best game of the year on Thursday night next season. With all that talent running around on the field it’s got to be a 50/50 game! 

Reconsider Panther Nation......

Fake news!  Don't believe everything you hear.   

43 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Really Pops?? It was a pretty good source. Y’all have 9 games scheduled and Catholic 8. Make the game happen!

LOL.....Just like you said "rumor"  Would be a good game.  I highly doubt Coach Lowe would turn away potentially $17k (gate and suppose $5k from Packer and $5k from Catholic)  all though maybe he is holding out for like $10k from Packer and $10k from Catholic......lol  

• Sad 1

Not happening.  

Once Packer starts giving out that kind of cash, every school he broadcasts will want that much, too.  Likely not going to happen.  

And Powell's only slot open is October 22.  Haven't seen a Catholic schedule so I don't know what dates they have.  

That said, don't see Knox County public schools playing Catholic very often from here on out.  

And I am surprised that Packer is doing Powell at Maryville.  Didn't he tell us all that he was "through with Maryville" after he showed his butt during the Farragut at Maryville game last fall?  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HTV said:

Not happening.  

Once Packer starts giving out that kind of cash, every school he broadcasts will want that much, too.  Likely not going to happen.  

And Powell's only slot open is October 22.  Haven't seen a Catholic schedule so I don't know what dates they have.  

That said, don't see Knox County public schools playing Catholic very often from here on out.  

And I am surprised that Packer is doing Powell at Maryville.  Didn't he tell us all that he was "through with Maryville" after he showed his butt during the Farragut at Maryville game last fall?  

Ask around. Ask both sides. Again, where there is smoke there is fire..... I am sure that both want to play each other. Why wouldn’t they?

24 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

LOL.....Just like you said "rumor"  Would be a good game.  I highly doubt Coach Lowe would turn away potentially $17k (gate and suppose $5k from Packer and $5k from Catholic)  all though maybe he is holding out for like $10k from Packer and $10k from Catholic......lol  

I hear he DID turn it away. If Covid restrictions are lifted you are looking at much more than a 17000$ gate.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Ask around. Ask both sides. Again, where there is smoke there is fire..... I am sure that both want to play each other. Why wouldn’t they?

Why don't you ask that question to all of the other Knox County public school coaches who aren't playing them?  

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

Why don't you ask that question to all of the other Knox County public school coaches who aren't playing them?  

It isn’t like Powell couldn’t compete with them. They talk a lot of noise and have a legitimate opportunity to do something special next year. Beating Catholic will definitely make #Sum2Prove “proven”

Just now, KnoxVil said:

It isn’t like Powell couldn’t compete with them. They talk a lot of noise and have a legitimate opportunity to do something special next year. Beating Catholic will definitely make #Sum2Prove “proven”

You are correct.  It's not about competing with them.  

Like I said, ask the other Knox County coaches why they are scheduling out of county non region games instead of in county Catholic.