3) Maryville(5-0)

4) Dobyns Bennett(1-0)

5) Cleveland(4-1)

6) Rhea County(8-0)

7) Greeneville(4-1)

8) Brainerd(1-0)

9) Oak Ridge(3-1)

10)Bearden(3-0)

others worth mentioning..... William Blount, Clinton, Powell, McMinn County, Daniel Boone, Chatt Central

The top 3 are very strong. Bradley and Science Hill get the nod because they both made it to the Boro last year. Maryville looks tough without Gaskin(football),but still couldn't make it out of the region last year. The Arby's tourney should convey who the top teams are with Science Hill, DB, Maryville, and Brainerd all competing. Rhea County, Bradley, and Cleveland are tough down towards Chattanooga. Oak Ridge and Clinton will be much better when all their players are able to play. Are their other teams I forgot? Any thoughts.....

1. Science Hill

2. Maryville

3. Rhea County

4. Bradley Central

5. Bearden

6. Oak Ridge

7. Clinton

8. DB

9. Powell

10. Greeneville

Clinton was whipped by A-E, but played the game without all the football guys being in game shape. Powell should be improved due to their new sports facility which will allow Coach Ogan to spend an extra 45 minutes-hour in practice everyday without having to share gym space with the girls. Bearden may not be on this list too long, they have lost a ton of talent in Oliver and Robinson. Science Hill embarrassed Oak Ridge who was expecting to play much better. Powell at Clinton Tuesday night should be a good game.

Did Clinton make the football playoffs? The only kid that shouldn't have been in game shape was Blake Sharp who is injured. Clinton could not handle AE's press with only one experienced guard(Beamon). I don't know if anyone can handle AE's pressure this year, so Clinton shouldn't feel bad about their whooping(even though they talked more preseason smack than anyone on this site). As for Oak Ridge, I don't think they expected a whole lot against Science Hill. They are missing two returning starters in Scott and White, and Landon had only been back for one game. They are playing Washington, a freshman, out of necessity. Gulmire is a one man press breaker. He handled SH's press like the seasoned vet that he is, but it was overwhelming for his teammates. Clinton and Oak Ridge should be much better later in the year IF all their players can return from eligibility and injury issues. I picked Clinton to beat AE so I was way off too. Powell has a chance to be very good this year, if someone will step up for Russell Hartsell and be a leader. He was not scared to take the shot with the game on the line. Is Seely or Ogan going to do that for the Panthers? We'll see.....