McMinn Central

charger05

Coach Davis is an awesome coach. I say the job got stressful and he wanted to take it easy and enjoy the sport instead of the constant grind. I love this guy and hope he has a great time coaching at Rhea. It seems to be a "riding off in the sunset" type of moment. He has earned this time and deserves the accolades and respect. I am thankful for the effect he has had on my life and career. Thanks Coach Davis!

Whoever is hired, I hope that the community rallies around this guy and helps as much as possible. It can not be just one man, "it takes a village." No more Englewood vs. Etowah, it has to be CENTRAL CHARGERS. No more division there. Get behind this hire and reach out to help. Former players, coaches etc. Be willing to invest in the program!

Edited by gecko
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 5:47 PM, Haydiboy said:

Other than rebuilding a team in your image  I hate how he scheduled this year  and jumped ship for an assistant job he gave it two years and didn't even allow his freshmen to become  seniors and noticed he quickly left polk whenever they started struggling all I heard was how great Davis was.  need a break from Meigs County maybe schedule a couple of cupcakes to gain some enthusiasm instead of playing the same teams every  year 

Why are you so hung up about the schedule?

McMinn- Central has not choice. Tried to get out the game but county administrators having nothing of it.  At least the game is at Central this year.

Tellico- Nice local game with a 2A Team

Signal Moutain, Kingston, Loudon, Sweetwater, Brainard are all District Games

Polk-Nice local game with a 2A Team

Rockwood- Old time rival but a solid not great 2A Team

Meigs-Local, traditional rival 2A Team One of the best in the state, its true. 

Tried to schedule Sequoyah and Cumberland County- They passed on Central to play POLK

Coming off Covid-19 there is a big need for some gate games....

Nothing is wrong with the schedule.

8 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

If you  thought I meant I hate who he scheduled that's  not what I meant,  I meant I hate he scheduled teams  then left the position.  Who knows who the next hire would have scheduled, guess we'll figure after the next cycle 

Playing teams so far away is not idea,  right now at our rural schools money is an important necessary for our sports programs.  The Seq. one makes no sense to me.  I have no clue why they won't play,  great game a close.  Having to travel to Chattanooga and Rockwood is fine enough.  Polk and Tellico are good pick ups.  I am not necessarily a fan of the Copper Basin game, but at least they will play.  I remember having to play Alcoa, Rhea Co. and other good programs.  Those were tough years.  I think we need to focus on building a program and gaining some revenue before venturing out.

Edited by logcabinman
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Playing teams so far away is not idea,  right now at our rural schools money is an important necessary for our sports programs.  The Seq. one makes no sense to me.  I have no clue why they won't play,  great game a close.  Having to travel to Chattanooga and Rockwood is fine enough.  Polk and Tellico are good pick ups.  I am not necessarily a fan of the Copper Basin game, but at least they will play.  I remember having to play Alcoa, Rhea Co. and other good programs.  Those were tough years.  I think we need to focus on building a program and gaining some revenue before venturing out.

Copper Basin and Sequoyah refused to play Central. 

12 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

I've wondered that too. Sequoyah  and central are roughly about the same size .  I think central will be better the next two seasons depending on who they pick for a coach. Could you see masingale  taking the Charge as head coach?

All I know is that they were supposed to interview Wednesday and Thursday.

12 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

I've wondered that too. Sequoyah  and central are roughly about the same size .  I think central will be better the next two seasons depending on who they pick for a coach. Could you see masingale  taking the Charge as head coach?

No, I do not believe he will.

22 hours ago, TheBest2018 said:

You don't make any money when you host mcminn central

Nothing can be farther from the truth. It will be one of your best visitor gates of the season. Good or bad, Central fans historically have traveled very well. I might could understand the Basin argument but McMinn Central fans would outnumber Sequoyah fans in Madisonville. 

Edited by gecko

35 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Hope they get someone that's willing to work with them  the  past few years basically  after the 2016 season kids have seemed less interested in football 

They have a big group of sophomores returning for their upcoming junior season.  Don't be surprised if you see a few more athletes come out.  Did the upcoming Freshman group not have a pretty good season?  I for one think the boys will have a good year upcoming.