Humboldt 2021

lakecounty1968

10 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, unfortunately I lost all three (3) years to Milan, lost a tough one in 85. 14-13 on a controversial call on 1 yard line were Milan tailback tried to dive over top & fumble ball in mid air & I caught it and was going the other way & referee called a touchdown. That still hurts till this day, lol!! 

My grandfather told me about that game he said humboldt was livid! My mother graduated in 1987 from humboldt. She does not know much about football but said humboldt was good in those years! 

13 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, unfortunately I lost all three (3) years to Milan, lost a tough one in 85. 14-13 on a controversial call on 1 yard line were Milan tailback tried to dive over top & fumble ball in mid air & I caught it and was going the other way & referee called a touchdown. That still hurts till this day, lol!! 

Yea Earnest and Kacy were men among boys at that time. Seems like a few years before that Humboldt had a wide receiver I believe Tony Champion. One of the fastest guys I ever seen in high school. I think he went on to play at UTM and short stint in NFL. 

18 hours ago, Bulldog89 said:

Yea Earnest and Kacy were men among boys at that time. Seems like a few years before that Humboldt had a wide receiver I believe Tony Champion. One of the fastest guys I ever seen in high school. I think he went on to play at UTM and short stint in NFL. 

You are correct, Tony Champion played quarterback in high school but played receiver at UTM. Played for a minute in NFL but is a CFL Gray cup champion & made all star team twice while in CFL. Best season in CFL was 1,500 receiving yards & 15 TD’s. Also, Tony Champion is Kacy First cousin. 

Edited by 87vikingalumni