What players from East Tennessee should be conside

wolfpack12

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with that. Scott was SH's big-play guy and he had plenty of them. I don't think I saw anyone who could really cover him well all season. He had speed and talent. He's a good receiver and deserves some credit. With the loss SH had of weapon Bowling from last year, Scott really helped the Toppers. He was definetly on of the best receivers in the East..if not the best this year in Upper East TN.

I'd also say DB's receiver Lamon Williams. He's only a sophmore and he's that good? Now that's scary! By the time he's a senior I think he will be a major D-1 prospect.

Tribe1..you mention lamon williams a lot on the all-state team but he didn't even lead his own conference in receiving ...if i'm not mistaken Chantz Scott from Science Hill did... he had 46 receptions for 851 yards and ten touchdowns... Lamon had 34 receptions for 676 yards....Scott's worse game was against south-doyle he had 52 yards and a touchdown....When Lamon played against a good secondary in science hill i believe he had 0 catches.

oh yeah, and dropped a wide open touchdown.

Ya know Williams may have not lead the conference in recieving but it's funny that ya bring up those stats cause Scott averaged 18.5 yards a catch while Williams averaged 20 yards a catch. Simply put if Williams had 46 catches then he would've had 920 yards which, compared to Scott's 851 yards is a difference of 69 yards. So lets not be throwing stats around when you obviously don't know how to compare them. And williams didn't have to score a lot of touchdowns with the weapons DB had. So stop complaining cause DB beat Science Hill.

Well Mr. DBalumni, you must be looking at different stats then I am. All that matters is who was first and who was second. Scott first, Williams second. Complain all you want, but Scott was better. Oh and by the way, I believe the hill had a better QB also in Hamilton. You were right on one thing, DB did beat Science Hill, but I would pick Graham Clark over John Bowles anyday.

Actually CMoore the stats I was looking at were the ones that you posted, I mean it's not that hard to figure out the yards per catch, just take the total yards and divide that by the number of catches. Also if I'm not mistaken Williams got 178 yards on 7 catches against Riverdale. So that would give him 854 yards on 41 catches for the year. Looks like in the end it was Williams with the better production, oh and if that's hard for you to figure out then I'll tell ya, that's averaging 21 yards per catch. Now I ain't too sure about that whole qb situation, maybe the Science Hill qb is better than Mears, but I think it was Mears who lead the conference in passing yards and he also lead his team to the Semis of the state playoffs, how far did your qb take his team???