Betsy Vs Rhea Co

TinCanBetsyFan

55 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Out of curiosity why did west ridge drop ehs? Or did ehs drop west ridge? 

I don't think either dropped. They were just never scheduled originally. With Betsy just having 9 games, I'm sure they were taken into consideration to schedule,  but West Ridge either already had a full schedule or didn't have the open dates needed to make it work.

13 hours ago, Appvol said:

From a poster on NC Preps. 

For those wandering heard Elizabethton had said they would play Mitchell early this morning at E Town and at 11:30 backed out saying not enough time to prepare. Obviously something about this Mitchell team made coach Witten apprehensive about playing them. Credit to both Mitchell and Hampton getting this game put together and giving both teams an opportunity to play.”

This is simply not true.  It came down to travel and as you see Hampton was willing to travel and we simply weren’t.  

1 hour ago, BigPapi said:

I don't think either dropped. They were just never scheduled originally. With Betsy just having 9 games, I'm sure they were taken into consideration to schedule,  but West Ridge either already had a full schedule or didn't have the open dates needed to make it work.

Yeah that makes sense but with west ridge being new and ehs losing south and Central games I had figured the obvious replacement would be west ridge but I know schedules can be a pain to get worked out but it would have been a good game to watch. 

2 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

This is simply not true.  It came down to travel and as you see Hampton was willing to travel and we simply weren’t.  

That’s what I was guessing. I questioned his post and this was the response.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. I’m guessing Elizabethton doesn’t see many teams run the type offense that Mitchell does. Also last time these 2 played was a JV game that went multiple OT’s and many of the kids on the varsity rosters now played in that game.”

24 minutes ago, Appvol said:

That’s what I was guessing. I questioned his post and this was the response.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. I’m guessing Elizabethton doesn’t see many teams run the type offense that Mitchell does. Also last time these 2 played was a JV game that went multiple OT’s and many of the kids on the varsity rosters now played in that game.”

Rhea county runs wing t