Riverdale Daddy....was a cry baby

Blaze45

Went to the Riverdale Rossview game if you could call it that . Here is the Rossview playbook  run left  run right  run up the middle  or once a qtr throw  the ball, followed by a punt . But thats not what this thread was about. I was watching the crowd. sparse as it was.... there were about 10-12 Blackman players there watching the game .  They all sat on the Riverdale side as they know some of the players...They would clap and carry on when Rossview did something (gain of 2 yards or more) so not often .  When a Riverdale daddy came up and told them they were on the wrong side and needed to leave immediately. Granted they were cheering for the other team, but they were not obnoxious or taunting Riverdale, but by golly nobody is gonna sit here and root for the other team and he meant business.  He then threatened he was gonna call the SRO and have them removed and went and found the nearest sheriff's deputy to tale there were "fans rooting for the other team" , At a football game??? Can you imagine .....??? Ridiculous Just and to rant as that was the stupidest thing I have seen at a high school game in a while....He prolly better never go to a college or pro game he would lose his mind. 

7 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Went to the Riverdale Rossview game if you could call it that . Here is the Rossview playbook  run left  run right  run up the middle  or once a qtr throw  the ball, followed by a punt . But thats not what this thread was about. I was watching the crowd. sparse as it was.... there were about 10-12 Blackman players there watching the game .  They all sat on the Riverdale side as they know some of the players...They would clap and carry on when Rossview did something (gain of 2 yards or more) so not often .  When a Riverdale daddy came up and told them they were on the wrong side and needed to leave immediately. Granted they were cheering for the other team, but they were not obnoxious or taunting Riverdale, but by golly nobody is gonna sit here and root for the other team and he meant business.  He then threatened he was gonna call the SRO and have them removed and went and found the nearest sheriff's deputy to tale there were "fans rooting for the other team" , At a football game??? Can you imagine .....??? Ridiculous Just and to rant as that was the stupidest thing I have seen at a high school game in a while....He prolly better never go to a college or pro game he would lose his mind. 

I am a Riverdale fan, but if all they were doing was rooting for the other team, that is ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, TomLHS said:

I am a Riverdale fan, but if all they were doing was rooting for the other team, that is ridiculous.

I promise you they were not being obnoxious or taunting.... at least not to Riverdale....maybe sarcastic at times in clapping for a gain of 1 yard but more so silly, or maybe as some kids do, stupid. As an adult you don't address or confront minors when you have no authority to do so.  Its a public place that has no reserved seating and if you buy a ticket you can set wherever you want. If it was really an issue that you thought was going to escalate you go talk to the SRO or  sheriffs officers and have them monitor it, but its not your place to act as stadium monitor, and to be a big cry baby because student from a cross town school were cheering for a team who was clearly out matched had almost no support , because you could hear them is ridiculous. 

13 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I promise you they were not being obnoxious or taunting.... at least not to Riverdale....maybe sarcastic at times in clapping for a gain of 1 yard but more so silly, or maybe as some kids do, stupid. As an adult you don't address or confront minors when you have no authority to do so.  Its a public place that has no reserved seating and if you buy a ticket you can set wherever you want. If it was really an issue that you thought was going to escalate you go talk to the SRO or  sheriffs officers and have them monitor it, but its not your place to act as stadium monitor, and to be a big cry baby because student from a cross town school were cheering for a team who was clearly out matched had almost no support , because you could hear them is ridiculous. 

Definitely should not have been an issue.  We must do better than this.