Jordan Leen

thegatling

I noticed that Jordan Leen didn't wrestle James or Brown last night when Baylor wrestled Soddy. I saw Jordan Leen at Oklahoma State's wrestling camp last year get thrown around and dominated by a wrestler from El Reno, Okla. It was a one way match and I think Leen either got majored or teched. Besides Jack Silberman, I haven't seen Jordan beat a real good wrestler convincingly. Is Jordan Leen going to be a four time state champion because of lack of competition? Philip Simpson and Matt Keller where both wrestlers that competed nationally and are wrestling well in college. Both of them set themselves beyond any other wrestlers in Tenn. Is Leen that good or does lack of competition make him look better than he is? Please give some feedback

[Edited by thegatling on 12-4-02 8:49A]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, on this one I kinda agree with you. One thing that struck me clear at last years individuals in Chattanooga, all the guys who came there were either region champs or placers(of course). They all came there with the intent to win State and of course there can be only one champ. Were they champ in their region because of the lack of competition in their region and then they get to state and get blown away by actual talent? Hmmm, who knows? Same could apply to Leen. I have seen certain weight classes where the ability/talent is lacking but someone is going to be crowned champ. I haven't seen Leen wrestle outside of State, so, I can't say that he is or isn't champ material. But I guess we will never know until fresh talent comes along. Until then, we can just say that he, or anyone else must be the best (or close to it) in their weight class because that is how it is. :confused:

thegatling - What's your problem with j-leen? He went undefeated last year winning the McCallie Inv. He beat Silberman who placed 3rd at the Bethlehem Inv. He beat Cordell who is a 2-time D1 champ. I've heard that he works very hard at improving himself in the sport. He's still just a Junior. How about some respect, he's earned it (and this is from a McCallie supporter).

Guest BigFatFan

I don't know about Red Bank, but I was told Cordell and Leen wrestled each other at the OSU camp and they eacy won one. AND if I had to choose, I'd rather watch Cordell wrestle then Leen. I like his style.

[Edited by Igo4it on 12-5-02 11:18A]

Maybe I put things the wrong way, I like Jordan Leen fine. I think he's a great wrestler and I love to watch him wrestle. Walkenvol, You obviously missed the point of the arguement. Taking nothing away from Jordan Leen, I think that the competition is lacking to the point that winning state will be a cakewalk here in Tennesse. Jordan is a good wrestler, so is Silberman, but will Leen have this much success nationally (college). His freshman year and soph. year, he beat nobody to get to the finals and barely got by Silberman both times. Is Leen of four time state champ. caliber(college level)? ....

The same questions could have been asked about Simpson, Keller, Blackmon, Ward, etc.... If you remember everyone kind of ran from them and when it came to the state tournament it was just a formality. Simpson and Keller both are 4Xer's, Ward 3Xer and Blackmon 2X and the split was in place during their accomplishments. All those wrestlers are doing just fine in college. As far as Leen goes he's won 2 with 2 to go. College is 2 years away and there is plenty time left for him to get bigger and stronger.

Who ran from Jordan Leen? Not Silberman. Nobody ran from him, in my opinion, just a lack of competition. All the wrestlers you named were technical wrestlers AND were strong, solid kids. Jordan needs to put on some muscle before I put him in the same category as them. He'll get thrown around anywhere else if he comes across a strong wrestler that knows what he's doing. I saw it at OSU and SE regionals. Just my opinion.

Like I said Leen has 2 more years to improve. I can tell you that both Keller and Blackmon improved great over their last 2 years in high school as I'm sure Simpson and Ward did. There isn't many high school JR's ready to wrestle in college so in 2 years we'll see where Leen stands until then there really isn't any point to this topic of Leen's college abilities. For all we know he may not plan to wrestle in college.