Jordan Leen

thegatling

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why limit it to j-leen? Ryan Scott and Shaun Cordell are also 2 time champions as juniors with a chance at being 4 timers. Are you asking if the competition is weaker? Obviously so with 2 divisions. From 60's till the 90's how many 3 and 4 time state champions were there? Right now you have Simpson, Leen, Dunning, Manley, and Scott in D2 and James, Cordell, and Gibson in D1 (sorry if I left someone off) with that potential, plus a bunch of near misses.

I agree and put Scott in the same category along with Cordell. I only mentioned Leen because I thought about it when SoddyBaylor wrestled. Dunning didn't win it his fresh. year. I don't put Manley in that category because he's wrestled quality opponents and has gotten better. If anyone remembers the state tourney two years ago, Manley had Simpson pinned, and ended up losing. Manley won't be a four time state champ, I singled out J-Leen, and now Scott + Cordell, because they will be four time state champs....as I discussed with Sly on another message board, it's kinda useless to talk about it now, I'll bring it up next year when these guys are seniors.

[Edited by thegatling on 12-5-02 3:37P]

Guest LilJCBHS

Sorry Gatling,

I'm going to have to disagree with the Ryan Scott comment you made because I have seen both Leen and Scott wrestle in the off season and they both have the ability to get it done. You also siad that Scott had lack of competition but as I recall he went into 2nd overtime his freshman year in the state finals with Billy Haduk. The one other bad thing about you saying Scott has no competition is that he wrestled with your teammate last year Nick Marable who was only a freshman and improving greatly placing 3rd in Nationals this year at Virgina Beach making him a two time All American :o

• 2 weeks later...

Come on guys....some of you have said that you don't know how j-leen will do out of state. Go back to the Poweraide Invite at McCallie. As a freshman and sophmore, Jordan beat Cody Staton from Georgia who was a 2X State Champion. Staton now wrestles JUCO. Anyone out there who doubts Leen's toughness, just get out there and wrestle him. I'm not so sure he'll back down.

• 2 weeks later...