Pearl-Cohn @ Lipscomb

FBfan26

5 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

So for the folks who attended what did y’all think? 

it's hard to know what to think in situational scrimmages like that.  lots of athletes all over the field.  my uneducated opinions...

LA - defense might be better which is saying something.  edwin spillman got bigger and already looks like a D1 LB as a junior.  he and beasley are insane.  the offense will be pass more with 2 young RB splitting carries but they showed promise with some nice runs.  

PC - I didn't realize they were 4A.  they were big and fast showed some flashes.  one of their RB's looked like a huge DE and was really hard to bring down, like tackling eddie george.  I will definitely be following them this year.

curious to hear other opinions though.  I was talking to friends and watching kiddos so missed a lot.

• Like 1

Same thing I always see with Pearl every year, offense needs to be more exotic, once you have a decent line or athletes on the outside you can stop Pearl. Idk if the new running back from BGA conditioning is good or not I seen him having hands on his hips a lot. Going to be hard to keep Derrick Henry Jr fresh if he’s playing both ways. Believe if lipscomb would have allowed the qb to be hit he would have been.

I can see uptempo bothering Pearl also just my thoughts. 

Other than that Pearl defense will be tough they shouldn’t lose no more than about 1-2 games tops 

Edited by arshad221
  • Like 1

People laughed all week saying it was gone be 40-0 so by it being 0-0 all night then Lipscomb coach asking for one more series with the ones PC did a heck of a job on defense. I was really impressed by Lipscombs LBs. This was my first time seeing Lipscomb varsity and I actually thought they would have been bigger up front like the MBAs,Ensworth etc. Our offense had some flashes but we have some work to do especially finding that second WR. Good luck to LA the rest of the way.