Whats up with the Meigs county Tigers

RichyRich

Haven't seen or heard much from their posters this year. Read in newspaper article where they tied with Rockwood in a Scrimmage and I think I read they lost in a Scrimmage to Hixson. (Not 100% certain on that) their first game is against the Sweetwater Wildcats on the 19th and thinking theyll be able to outscore them but wonder what others think. Also just wondering if anyone had heard anything about  them, they have been super dominant since 2016 and this is the first time in awhile I haven't heard much noise on them. Will the tigers shake up the region? Or will Tyner and Jasper get over the black and orange hump this year?

Edited by RichyRich

4 hours ago, RichyRich said:

Haven't seen or heard much from their posters this year. Read in newspaper article where they tied with Rockwood in a Scrimmage and I think I read they lost in a Scrimmage to Hixson. (Not 100% certain on that) their first game is against the Sweetwater Wildcats on the 19th and thinking theyll be able to outscore them but wonder what others think. Also just wondering if anyone had heard anything about  them, they have been super dominant since 2016 and this is the first time in awhile I haven't heard much noise on them. Will the tigers shake up the region? Or will Tyner and Jasper get over the black and orange hump this year?

Meigs is fine. We have as much talent as we've had the last 6 years and more so offensively. Our only weakness is being young. Offensively I believe we will be better than last year or close to it when we manage hit our stride. It may be later in the season when we do that though. From my understanding we will return 20 starters next year if that gives you an idea of how young we are. Defense will be good, but as of right now seems to be just a step behind what we put on the field last year. We don't lack the skill at defense just lack the reps mostly. Preseason our offense seems to be ahead of our defense as far as being game ready. We have come a long way since our Loudon scrimmage and Hixson really helped our offense get where they need to be against a defense of that caliber. 

• Like 1

Meigs looked good overall. We gave up some passing yards but had a great showing from our offense. Defense was good against the run mostly but we gave up quite a few yards against the pass. The Fayetteville coach has changed their offense alot since I seen them last. Offensively improved for sure. I believe it was 28-14 Meigs through three quarters with starters. And 28-21 with Sequatchies JV getting a score. Someone can correct me if im wrong.

If you saw the game @Indian what did you think?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Meigs looked good overall. We gave up some passing yards but had a great showing from our offense. Defense was good against the run mostly but we gave up quite a few yards against the pass. The Fayetteville coach has changed their offense alot since I seen them last. Offensively improved for sure. I believe it was 28-14 Meigs through three quarters with starters. And 28-21 with Sequatchies JV getting a score. Someone can correct me if im wrong.

Appreciate the report.  Good to hear. Sounds like we are coming on stronger. 

14 hours ago, Yeti said:

That sounds about right.  Meigs has two quality Running Backs in I think #12 & #23.

Sequatchie has to clean up the mistakes.  Had several nice plays on offense wiped out by penalties and several dropped passes that would have moved the chains.  On defense the backfield has to make a play to get off the field.  Had several times chances at an interception or just knock the ball away and couldn't .  Credit Meigs on making those plays.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

That sounds about right.  Meigs has two quality Running Backs in I think #12 & #23.

Sequatchie has to clean up the mistakes.  Had several nice plays on offense wiped out by penalties and several dropped passes that would have moved the chains.  On defense the backfield has to make a play to get off the field.  Had several times chances at an interception or just knock the ball away and couldn't .  Credit Meigs on making those plays.  

That’s correct. I heard today that our offense is looking better than expected. Not huge up front but tough and smart and disciplined. Getting better. At Rb we are not blazing speed fast but we are quick and smart and powerful. Play a physical brand of football like the old school Nebraska teams. Those 2 you speak of are TY and Luke Pendergrass.  

Heard that Sequatchie had a good qb. Also the field was very sweet. Good luck rest of the year @Sequatchie

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:11 PM, RichyRich said:

Take it from an old codger who's seen a lot of high school football scrimmages - don't put a lot of stock in the outcome of them in predicting a team's success, or lack thereof for the season. Coaches are different, in that each one has a plan/purpose on what they want to see in scrimmage situations. The final outcome of the scrimmage isn't near as important to some of them as what they see during the scrimmage.
With Meigs youth, I see them getting better each week as a team.  Tyner and Marion Co. are both very tough opponents and capable.    

40 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Take it from an old codger who's seen a lot of high school football scrimmages - don't put a lot of stock in the outcome of them in predicting a team's success, or lack thereof for the season. Coaches are different, in that each one has a plan/purpose on what they want to see in scrimmage situations. The final outcome of the scrimmage isn't near as important to some of them as what they see during the scrimmage.
With Meigs youth, I see them getting better each week as a team.  Tyner and Marion Co. are both very tough opponents and capable.    

From what I've seen so far Meigs is more capable than even I thought we might be especially offensively. Once the defense settles in we may surprise some folk that say we are down.