Whats up with the Meigs county Tigers

RichyRich

12 hours ago, Yeti said:

We are optimistic every year. Hearing Trousdales chatter every year sounds like a suicide hotline. I'll gladly take the optimism by comparison.

No kidding. It’s really bad this year. The local paper hasn’t had one story about the team so far this summer. School athletics website hasn’t even posted a roster for the team. And no thread yet on here about the opener with friendship Christian a big rivalry. It’s like the community has already given up on the team before the season started. Sad. Too spoiled from past success I guess whereas consistently good teams is still relatively new to Meigs. 8 state titles in 24 seasons will do that I suppose. 

16 hours ago, Yeti said:

Pass defense was really my only concern for Meigs as a team. I left the Jamboree convinced we will be proficient against the pass when we need to be. Bring on Sweetwater.:hungry: It's time to eat. 

Speaking of Sweetwater. I sat around a few Sweetwater fans at the jamboree. Sure a cocky bunch. They spoke of them coming to Meigs and doing some skull dragging as they left Friday night! Though that was interesting. We will see what our Coaches, Fans and Players got to say about that Friday night at Jewell Field!
It’s Go Time! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

No kidding. It’s really bad this year. The local paper hasn’t had one story about the team so far this summer. School athletics website hasn’t even posted a roster for the team. And no thread yet on here abo:blink:ut the opener with friendship Christian a big rivalry. It’s like the community has already given up on the team before the season started. Sad. Too spoiled from past success I guess whereas consistently good teams is still relatively new to Meigs. 8 state titles in 24 seasons will do that I suppose. 

We at Meigs are just glad we aren't going to be as down as some might have thought us to be this year honestly. Worst case we could probably be 6-4 likely to be 8-2 or 9-1. 

Just now, Tigerbomb said:

Hey @Yeti  are you starting a Sweetwater at Meigs thread? It’s time!

They haven't had any coacht posters so I rarely do. But being a home game we should go ahead if you want too. Normally the way it works whoever has the home game posts it in what ever classification thread their team belongs too I believe.

3 minutes ago, Tigerbomb said:

Speaking of Sweetwater. I sat around a few Sweetwater fans at the jamboree. Sure a cocky bunch. They spoke of them coming to Meigs and doing some skull dragging as they left Friday night! Though that was interesting. We will see what our Coaches, Fans and Players got to say about that Friday night at Jewell Field!
It’s Go Time! 

Very well could beat us but I doubt it. McMinn Central looked to be better than Sweetwater from what I saw at the Jamboree. If I was to guess a score it would be Meigs 35 Sweetwater 14. We will see if my optimism has any merit.:thumb:

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

Very well could beat us but I doubt it. McMinn Central looked to be better than Sweetwater from what I saw at the Jamboree. If I was to guess a score it would be Meigs 35 Sweetwater 14. We will see if my optimism has any merit.:thumb:

Sweetwater had a good scrimmage with Copper Basin.Im going with Meigs in a runaway!

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Sweetwater had a good scrimmage with Copper Basin.Im going with Meigs in a runaway!

Sweetwater pulled most their starters against basin fairly early on including that stud running back they have, I wouldn’t say Meigs wins by a runaway but I definitely think that meigs will win that game.

Edited by TheCommander

Look forward to a great game Friday. I’m new to posting on the T but have been reading the boards for years. Graduated from sweetwater a while back and have a ton of friends in Decatur! Hope both teams have a great showing!  Sweetwater tends to give up the big play in the passing game but controls the run pretty good this year with a good line. Good skill players on offense as well this year. Biggest key for them is gonna be to avoid penalties and play discipline football. Something they’ve struggled with early on this preseason 

6 minutes ago, SHSguru said:

Look forward to a great game Friday. I’m new to posting on the T but have been reading the boards for years. Graduated from sweetwater a while back and have a ton of friends in Decatur! Hope both teams have a great showing!  Sweetwater tends to give up the big play in the passing game but controls the run pretty good this year with a good line. Good skill players on offense as well this year. Biggest key for them is gonna be to avoid penalties and play discipline football. Something they’ve struggled with early on this preseason 

Nice to see a Sweetwater person on here. I'll make a thread for our game.