Trousdale co vs Fcs

Creekbank76

16 hours ago, ghostofthepast2021 said:

Just sounds like another TC excuse.  You guys hired Williams to coach these kids in MS, and they couldn't win a bake-off.  The one thing you can always rely on with TC is an excuse.  Is that the new excuse?  Our numbers are down?  If you had 15 more players like the ones you have on the roster right now, that would make the difference?  You guys could be 1A, it wouldn't matter, these kids are undiciplined, untrained, and are year behind.  The district didn't get better, you guys got worse.

Valid.....

10 hours ago, RTD said:

It was half empty when they were winning. You don't have to come to a high school game to watch it anymore with all the paid subscription networks. All football attendance is down from high school up to NFL. Why go to a game when you can watch it in your living room $10 will get you 4 games a month. 

This is partly true, but there are still many schools fanbases that show up all year long.

Just from last Friday many people are disgusted/embarrassed with what's on the field, and to Ghost's point I don't blame the kids, they were set up to fail by the lack of care by the MS etc. When you have a small school like TC, the "program" is more than just the High School. We have some quality coaches now in the youth league program and guys that know how to win at TC. The Middle School program has struggled since Eden and Jackson left. The talent level accounts for a little but the lack of development accounts for most of our problems. 

6 hours ago, Cam615 said:

This is partly true, but there are still many schools fanbases that show up all year long.

Just from last Friday many people are disgusted/embarrassed with what's on the field, and to Ghost's point I don't blame the kids, they were set up to fail by the lack of care by the MS etc. When you have a small school like TC, the "program" is more than just the High School. We have some quality coaches now in the youth league program and guys that know how to win at TC. The Middle School program has struggled since Eden and Jackson left. The talent level accounts for a little but the lack of development accounts for most of our problems. 

Do you think tc has the right staff at the MS now? Seeing the performances from last year and the score of this years game, I would say that is probably debatable. 

2 minutes ago, MickFoley14 said:

Do you think tc has the right staff at the MS now? Seeing the performances from last year and the score of this years game, I would say that is probably debatable. 

Definitely debatable but I believe the support around the staff is better, BJ West is head coach and played for TC, Belcher is helping and he has a ring with TC as a player. I think some of the youth league coaches are great though, Vetetoe and Dillehay can coach.   

1 minute ago, Cam615 said:

Definitely debatable but I believe the support around the staff is better, BJ West is head coach and played for TC, Belcher is helping and he has a ring with TC as a player. I think some of the youth league coaches are great though, Vetetoe and Dillehay can coach.   

I have heard mixed feelings about West. Something has to change somewhere, the team I saw Friday night was not your typical TC team at all. From talent all the way to coaching it was hard to watch 

12 minutes ago, MickFoley14 said:

Need to be worried about the HS coaching. Them boys had t shirts on out on the field coaching. The satterfields haven’t won in a decade. 

18 hours ago, RTD said:

It was half empty when they were winning. You don't have to come to a high school game to watch it anymore with all the paid subscription networks. All football attendance is down from high school up to NFL. Why go to a game when you can watch it in your living room $10 will get you 4 games a month. 

Yea but no one wants to go when you have to piss in the dark because Clint can’t afford light bulbs after he spent it all on the bleachers that he can’t fill!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MickFoley14 said:

I have heard mixed feelings about West. Something has to change somewhere, the team I saw Friday night was not your typical TC team at all. From talent all the way to coaching it was hard to watch 

He coached high school ball before he got into administration, it's not new to him. I agree it's rare that TC is down this bad, but it is what it is and will be for a couple years. Blake should have two goals, keep the playoff streak alive and get some kids better for next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cam615 said:

He coached high school ball before he got into administration, it's not new to him. I agree it's rare that TC is down this bad, but it is what it is and will be for a couple years. Blake should have two goals, keep the playoff streak alive and get some kids better for next year. 

I have a feeling Blakes goal is to make it through this season and enter retirement from coaching 

• Like 1