Sweetwater @ Meigs County

Yeti

10 hours ago, SHSguru said:

He is definitely an athlete I enjoy watching him play basketball, he’s a fiery kid who wants to win and tough as nails so there’s no doubt he will figure it out. Yes sir looks like some scattered showers so that’s always fun and makes things interesting.  I enjoy talking football so I figured I’d start posting! Good luck Friday!

Good luck to you all as well. 

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

All I have seen is the jamboree and thought Meigs looked a little better. 28-14 Meigs 

Think I picked 35-14 in the other thread. I could be wrong though. He said they played their JV early so my assessment could be warped somewhat lol.

41 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Good luck to you all as well. 

Think I picked 35-14 in the other thread. I could be wrong though. He said they played their JV early so my assessment could be warped somewhat lol.

We also didn’t throw a single pass and only ran the same two plays. All I know is it’s gonna be run heavy Friday from Meigs and my guys better buckle their chin straps because nothing about meigs is soft. Either way football is back and I couldn’t be happier

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Pretty sure we do. Hope he's a freshman as well. Need one for 4 years :thumb:

Good deal, it was hard to watch the last few years lol. I went to trousdale for the first semifinal meeting a few years ago and I still think you guys win that game with a kicker 

1 minute ago, SHSguru said:

Good deal, it was hard to watch the last few years lol. I went to trousdale for the first semifinal meeting a few years ago and I still think you guys win that game with a kicker 

We've been blessed every year with everything except a kicker for the most part. They are like Unicorns in our area lol. A soccer team would fix that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yeti said:

We've been blessed every year with everything except a kicker for the most part. They are like Unicorns in our area lol. A soccer team would fix that.

Believe tigers beat the wildkittens  35-20. I've never understood Meigs county not having a soccer team. Seems like there would at least be some interest there. Especially if greenback and sale creek can field teams I think Meigs could as well. But I don't know jack about soccer.

1 hour ago, SHSguru said:

We also didn’t throw a single pass and only ran the same two plays. All I know is it’s gonna be run heavy Friday from Meigs and my guys better buckle their chin straps because nothing about meigs is soft. Either way football is back and I couldn’t be happier

I believe we have a good offensive line this year and have good strong backs to go with it. We will definitely pound the rock Friday. I can about guarantee the first to 21 wins the game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SHSguru said:

Yes we have a dandy looking kicker! So that’s a big plus. And for running downhill you better believe it. Block down block down and here comes the train! Better be buckled up tight. 
my concern is our defense doesn’t seem to be clicking yet. Maybe we are holding back? Maybe we just needs adjustment or more time? We will know a little more Friday night under the lights at Jewell Field.! God Bless American and Go Tigers 

1 hour ago, Tigerbomb said:

Yes we have a dandy looking kicker! So that’s a big plus. And for running downhill you better believe it. Block down block down and here comes the train! Better be buckled up tight. 
my concern is our defense doesn’t seem to be clicking yet. Maybe we are holding back? Maybe we just needs adjustment or more time? We will know a little more Friday night under the lights at Jewell Field.! God Bless American and Go Tigers 

I think the tigers defense will give up a few big plays but overall the front 8 are solid. I think it’ll come down to your secondary play and depends on if sweetwater can complete some passes and keep the sticks moving. My honest opinion it’ll come down to the second half and who’s in better shape. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SHSguru said:

I think the tigers defense will give up a few big plays but overall the front 8 are solid. I think it’ll come down to your secondary play and depends on if sweetwater can complete some passes and keep the sticks moving. My honest opinion it’ll come down to the second half and who’s in better shape. 

Fair assessment. Being at Meigs has got to be worth a touchdown though

7 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

You spoke highly of our defense early on and I wasn't sold at the time. I am now though. The difference in how we played against Sequatchie and Loudon was like night and day vs the pass. We have an above average run defense regardless, so I believe this will be a low scoring game when it's all said and done.