Week 2: Dobyns-Bennett at Volunteer

DBKPT93

On 8/24/2022 at 2:56 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm thinking their "next up" is a Sophomore. This game will be over before it starts. Should never be on the schedule but I guess it is what it is. Nothing to gain for either team. Like every year for the past 20 I'm anxious to see if there's any improvement in the secondary. But looks like the first four teams couldn't throw one in the ocean anyway so there's that. 

It's tough scheduling games these days, but yeah, Volunteer should never be on the schedule. Maybe look to the Roanoke area, Asheville area, Graham, Abingdon, Union? Any of those would be a better option than Volunteer in most seasons. 

1 minute ago, mikeslau said:

It has become very frustrating and embarrassing watching DB now for years with Christian as coach with no discipline and understanding of what's going on the field. Close to 100 yards of penalties starting on second quarter 

LOL !  You just got to laugh at this point. My favorite was a holding penalty and a block in the back on the same play. The block in the back was 10 yards behind the play and negated a 35-yard run. So equal to of a 60-yard loss on the play. Also 2 TD's called back on penalties just in the first quarter. 

28 - 0 at the half, 9 penalties for 85yrds. just in the first half. DB's stats look pretty good but play is very sloppy. Huge drop off when the 2's came in for the last drive before halftime. Couldn't move the ball at all. Ended up throwing a int. to end the half. I don't think this team is as good as last year's team. 

Back to back 15 yrd. penalties on DB in Volunteers opening series of the second half. One for roughing the kicker and one for roughing the passer. DB with 12 penalties for 115 yards with 8 minutes to go un the third quarter. Maybe they're going for a record. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Well, I'm not there and not listening to a mismatch like this. But from what I read here, the master plan from the time Clark announced retirement going forward was to make him look good in the history books. A living legend so to speak. What better reason to not follow through with a wide search for his replacement.

17 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Well, I'm not there and not listening to a mismatch like this. But from what I read here, the master plan from the time Clark announced retirement going forward was to make him look good in the history books. A living legend so to speak. What better reason to not follow through with a wide search for his replacement.

Didn't have to do a wide search even. Just take a short drive to Elizabethton. Could of eat at Ridgewood while there. What a missed opportunity. 

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

28 - 0 at the half, 9 penalties for 85yrds. just in the first half. DB's stats look pretty good but play is very sloppy. Huge drop off when the 2's came in for the last drive before halftime. Couldn't move the ball at all. Ended up throwing a int. to end the half. I don't think this team is as good as last year's team. 

Maybe that’s why they are the back ups… Probably not going to get much playing time… I think that’s why they aren’t starters 

9 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

41-0 final.  Hopefully this series ends for awhile.  Hate seeing us play down to the competition.  As @JDHoss said, let's get some Knoxville area teams back on the schedule.

I'd have to think that someone like Knox Catholic would be open to a game. They have opened the season with Chucky Doak and South Greene. I'm sure they'd rather go against D-B than either of those teams. McCallie? Chattanooga Christian or other privates would be great competition as well.  

• Like 1