Meigs vs Signal Mtn

BigFoot423

@Yeti. @Tigerbomb  @RoarinTiger

So in the famous phrase on to signal. 
After reading the local paper about the Signal vs Central game I have concern. 
Signal was 21-34 271 yards and 2 tds 0 ints

WR was 11 for 178 so they have a stud receiver we obviously need to tighten up the secondary this week. 
They didn’t run well going 28 Carrie’s for 95 yards. 
These stats remind me of the TKA offense from week 2 

let hear yalls thoughts. 

On 9/3/2022 at 2:52 PM, BigFoot423 said:

@Yeti. @Tigerbomb  @RoarinTiger

So in the famous phrase on to signal. 
After reading the local paper about the Signal vs Central game I have concern. 
Signal was 21-34 271 yards and 2 tds 0 ints

WR was 11 for 178 so they have a stud receiver we obviously need to tighten up the secondary this week. 
They didn’t run well going 28 Carrie’s for 95 yards. 
These stats remind me of the TKA offense from week 2 

let hear yalls thoughts. 

The young and inexperienced Tigers have some work to do if they expect to win this game. Signal has a very good quarterback with several good receivers, and a pretty good running back. Meigs needs to eliminate their turnovers and penalties - things that are normal with youth and lack of game experience early in a season.
I think the outcome of this game will depend on how much Meigs improves in the categories I mentioned. They have the talent. 

35 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

The young and inexperienced Tigers have some work to do if they expect to win this game. Signal has a very good quarterback with several good receivers, and a pretty good running back. Meigs needs to eliminate their turnovers and penalties - things that are normal with youth and lack of game experience early in a season.
I think the outcome of this game will depend on how much Meigs improves in the categories I mentioned. They have the talent. 

Couldn’t agree more. If meigs goes with the several different offensive looks it could be another long night. Meigs continues to be shotgun dominate. They have passed the ball more than anyone can recall in recent years with a Junior QB who played last in Middle School. Meigs has the talent to be good just need to work on certain offensive set so It is working and gelling as the season progresses. Penalties have been mainly false starts which can be fixed. 
If you have watched all 3 games. The only turnover category we didn’t improve in for week 3 was ints. 
signal statistically looks like TKA with not as good of a line. 
meigs has struggled in the secondary covering the passing game. Hopefully Ol Fitz is cooking up something for this game defensively. 

3 minutes ago, BigFoot423 said:

Couldn’t agree more. If meigs goes with the several different offensive looks it could be another long night. Meigs continues to be shotgun dominate. They have passed the ball more than anyone can recall in recent years with a Junior QB who played last in Middle School. Meigs has the talent to be good just need to work on certain offensive set so It is working and gelling as the season progresses. Penalties have been mainly false starts which can be fixed. 
If you have watched all 3 games. The only turnover category we didn’t improve in for week 3 was ints. 
signal statistically looks like TKA with not as good of a line. 
meigs has struggled in the secondary covering the passing game. Hopefully Ol Fitz is cooking up something for this game defensively. 

Meigs has been their own worst enemy of every game they lost in this young season. They're very fortunate that they're not 0-3.  BUT they could just as easily been 3-0, which is a good sign they have the ability.  I think they'll improve in every facet with each game played, and will be a much better team as the season progresses. 

58 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Meigs has been their own worst enemy of every game they lost in this young season. They're very fortunate that they're not 0-3.  BUT they could just as easily been 3-0, which is a good sign they have the ability.  I think they'll improve in every facet with each game played, and will be a much better team as the season progresses. 

Meigs has been there own worse enemy. They could 3-0 but watching all three games more likely they are a 0-3 team. 
offense being so vanilla is killing it at the moment. 
not giving enough chances for anything to get rolling we change it up to much. And we pass way more than we should at this stage of the season. It should be short gain runs mixed with intermediate routes to throw to and progress throughout the season. 
this eases a QB in versus just throwing him into the fire. Look back at college and pro qbs that have never missed a season that get thrown into the fire you don’t hear of Uber success when they just rely heavily on a inexperienced player. 

1 hour ago, BigFoot423 said:

Meigs has been there own worse enemy. They could 3-0 but watching all three games more likely they are a 0-3 team. 
not giving enough chances for anything to get rolling we change it up to much. And we pass way more than we should at this stage of the season. It should be short gain runs mixed with intermediate routes to throw to and progress throughout the season. 
this eases a QB in versus just throwing him into the fire. Look back at college and pro qbs that have never missed a season that get thrown into the fire you don’t hear of Uber success when they just rely heavily on a inexperienced player. 

Saying “offense being so vanilla is killing it at the moment” and then following with “…we change it up too much. And we pass way more than we should at this stage of the season” is so contradicting to a point where I have no idea what you’re trying to say with your post. 

Edited by ElGoat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ElGoat said:

Saying “offense being so vanilla is killing it at the moment” and then following with “…we change it up too much. And we pass way more than we should at this stage of the season” is so contradicting to a point where I have no idea what you’re trying to say with your post. 

Fairly easy to understand. Not sure but let me break it down 

meigs is averaging like 200 yards of offense.  “Vanilla” 
changing sets is killing the ability to become better. 
Go watch a game to understand what is being said. 
we are going from a power run offense to a spread look. 
Trying to throw the ball more than in past! With a QB with less experience to WR with less experience!

improvement is the goal for this team each week. But kind of hard to improve with what we have done in the first 3 games offensively. 

where does it say it needs to be changed up? It’s game planning for your QB of the future to be successful. That’s pretty much the way it was laid out? 

Edited by BigFoot423

3 hours ago, BigFoot423 said:

Meigs has regressed as the year has went. Back in preseason we looked good beating some good teams and more importantly looked better than now. We have weapons as normal we just need to figure out who we are.  We need to decide what we are going to do on offense and do it.

We got the new WR. He looks dynamic. We got very talented backs in Pendergrass and Heifner who aren’t being used. Get those guys going and our QB will see the field open up more. 
the front 7 looks close to being there. Get the secondary fixed and we can be a handful at the end of the season. We will see what happens I guess. 

3 hours ago, ElGoat said:

Little of everything.  We can do different things we just have to commit to something and go. One strength we have  is all our backs seem to have have good hands. Let’s throw the short passes to the backs and let them work. 
Something else. I haven’t seen many injuries this year. We seem to be a healthy team. Plenty of talent we just gotta get a identity and roll with it and improve weekly.  I think that’s what OP was saying 

43 minutes ago, Tigerbomb said:

Little of everything.  We can do different things we just have to commit to something and go. One strength we have  is all our backs seem to have have good hands. Let’s throw the short passes to the backs and let them work. 
Something else. I haven’t seen many injuries this year. We seem to be a healthy team. Plenty of talent we just gotta get a identity and roll with it and improve weekly.  I think that’s what OP was saying 

OP? 

2 hours ago, Tigerbomb said:

I like the short passes. We got a couple of backs that run tough and can make some plays but  I don't know how much talent we actually have compared to years past however. I have been hearing people say they are young and have the talent but I am not so sure after watching these first three games. We have had several all region players and a couple all state players on teams for the last five or six years. I just do not see it with this team.  They have a couple solid ballplayers but overall I don't see the gamechangers. 

They do not have the size or speed. Bledsoe looked like the better team last Friday. Sweetwater looked like the better team the first weekend. Too many mistakes, penalties, turnovers, and players yapping at each other. 

I do feel that they can compete however with most of the teams on their schedule but I don't see a deep run into the playoffs unless they get some things worked out.

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

I like the short passes. We got a couple of backs that run tough and can make some plays but  I don't know how much talent we actually have compared to years past however. I have been hearing people say they are young and have the talent but I am not so sure after watching these first three games. We have had several all region players and a couple all state players on teams for the last five or six years. I just do not see it with this team.  They have a couple solid ballplayers but overall I don't see the gamechangers. 

They do not have the size or speed. Bledsoe looked like the better team last Friday. Sweetwater looked like the better team the first weekend. Too many mistakes, penalties, turnovers, and players yapping at each other. 

I do feel that they can compete however with most of the teams on their schedule but I don't see a deep run into the playoffs unless they get some things worked out.

Probably don’t have the talent that we had in years past but there is plenty to win a lot of games and play better than we have been playing. Surly we can all agree on that.
 This team reminds me of our good team about 10 years back or so with their physical brand. We just have to get busy with it. Get the pieces in place and roll. Then it will open up for qb more also. Defense is almost there it seems. Maybe tighten up that secondary. Maybe that new kid at wr can help some there also.