Meigs vs Signal Mtn

BigFoot423

1 hour ago, Tiger2 said:

I like the short passes. We got a couple of backs that run tough and can make some plays but  I don't know how much talent we actually have compared to years past however. I have been hearing people say they are young and have the talent but I am not so sure after watching these first three games. We have had several all region players and a couple all state players on teams for the last five or six years. I just do not see it with this team.  They have a couple solid ballplayers but overall I don't see the gamechangers. 

They do not have the size or speed. Bledsoe looked like the better team last Friday. Sweetwater looked like the better team the first weekend. Too many mistakes, penalties, turnovers, and players yapping at each other. 

I do feel that they can compete however with most of the teams on their schedule but I don't see a deep run into the playoffs unless they get some things worked out.

I have seen enough good things from our backs soft hands that we definitely need to throw them little dump passes and rolling out pass to them backs and let them get busy  . Then take the top off to the deep wrs sometimes  

1 hour ago, Tigerbomb said:

Probably don’t have the talent that we had in years past but there is plenty to win a lot of games and play better than we have been playing. Surly we can all agree on that.
 This team reminds me of our good team about 10 years back or so with their physical brand. We just have to get busy with it. Get the pieces in place and roll. Then it will open up for qb more also. Defense is almost there it seems. Maybe tighten up that secondary. Maybe that new kid at wr can help some there also. 

Looking at the schedule I would agree with you. They could just as easily be 3 and 0 or 0-3.  We will see what these guys are made up of the next several weeks and how bad they want it.  That game at Polk County looks a lot tougher every week and Tyner and Marion to finish it off. I mentioned about making a deep run in the playoffs. It is hard to get a read on this team. They continue this trend they might not even make the playoffs. 

They definitely need to play better than they have been playing and clean up the mistakes.

To be able to hang in there with as many mistakes and misfortunes they have had says something about their will. 

18 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Looking at the schedule I would agree with you. They could just as easily be 3 and 0 or 0-3.  We will see what these guys are made up of the next several weeks and how bad they want it.  That game at Polk County looks a lot tougher every week and Tyner and Marion to finish it off. I mentioned about making a deep run in the playoffs. It is hard to get a read on this team. They continue this trend they might not even make the playoffs. 

They definitely need to play better than they have been playing and clean up the mistakes.

To be able to hang in there with as many mistakes and misfortunes they have had says something about their will. 

Agree. The effort is there we just need to figure it out. I believe it could go either way. We could put it together and get rolling we make a deep run. We continue petering around we finish about 500 and out of playoffs. All about the leadership and chemistry at this point. 

40 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

My greatest fear at this point is we continue to play offensively like we are and we are good enough to win the next 4 games but when it comes to the games like Tyner, Marion and playoffs we will struggle. 
these next 4 games we need to work on perfecting the weak spots in our secondary and get in a offense and get better. 

2 minutes ago, BigFoot423 said:

My greatest fear at this point is we continue to play offensively like we are and we are good enough to win the next 4 games but when it comes to the games like Tyner, Marion and playoffs we will struggle. 
these next 4 games we need to work on perfecting the weak spots in our secondary and get in a offense and get better. 

I agree. I hope to make it to signal Friday night. Does Signal have any posters? @Yeti?

3 hours ago, BigFoot423 said:

I think they are good enough to win the next four or five games but they could just as easily let a couple of them slip away. Signal and Polk on the road will be tough ones and that Polk county game is a big region contest. At least Marion County to close it out is at home. Tyner is on a different level.  Our team from last year had trouble with them and they pretty much got all their skill players returning. 

Hopefully the boys will get it figured out and come together. If not they might be setting at home watching the playoffs

6 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

I think they are good enough to win the next four or five games but they could just as easily let a couple of them slip away. Signal and Polk on the road will be tough ones and that Polk county game is a big region contest. At least Marion County to close it out is at home. Tyner is on a different level.  Our team from last year had trouble with them and they pretty much got all their skill players returning. 

Hopefully the boys will get it figured out and come together. If not they might be setting at home watching the playoffs

I am pulling for them to mesh together as a unit and go on a streak. 
let’s get it started this week make progress and get better. 
that’s all we got going into week 4 season about half over. 

47 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

I think this is a need and must win game for the road ahead of you guys, you drop this one may create a land slide, just my opinion. Everyone plays a game that sends you one way or the other and I think this is your guys game. Again just my opinion before I get blasted lol hope good game and injury free for both.

I couldn't agree more. If we lose this one, It's likely to spiral our season. We've made some changes this week so hopefully that will help. 

I predict a low scoring game. First to 21 wins.